Craig Stevens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LANGSTER, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's the way this team always works.

Sign the guys that are bums/replaceable.... ignore the guys that contribute to the team.

Bunch of monkeys in our FO. And we wonder why we're mediocre every season?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

apparently Donald Nickey was a real nice guy.

I dont care. He sucked

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

You guys are right, he must be the #1 priority bc if he wasn't then they would have said something like, "We are going to try to resign this scrub named Stevens, but we don't really care if we do or not, people like him are a dime a dozen."

They are probably just trying to get him a deal done right now, and they put out that statement to make him feel wanted so he will be easier to resign. The FO always gets the easy ones out of the way 1st. If we just went off of order then the 13 guys we signed to futures contracts would be the #1 priority.

Plus didn't I read somewhere that they already had a meeting with Finny's agent, and it went "pretty well" or something like that?

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Saying Stevens is a priority doesn't man the FO is going to spend the farm for the guy.
    First of all Stevens is a very good blocker. We obviously don't want a drop off in that area the way our running game has been going.
    Second who else do we have at TE? Cook can't block and Stevens is our starting TE. Thirdly, Graham sucked this year. Graham got a 3 year 8.5 mil deal and he couldn't catch a cold with his hands and he wasn't even a good blocker.
    Fourthly, despite Steven's lack of a bunch of catches he actually is a decent pass receiver as well as a blocker.

IMO it is very short sighted to criticize re-signing a guy like Stevens who would be well worth a deal like Graham got and maybe a little more. If anyone wants to complain have a problem with Graham who really is a guy we should cut and give his job to a young guy.

It is idiotic to think you can just bring in an UDFA to step in and play at the same level as a guy who has been with the team for 4 years. Not sure what Duece is thinking with his comment but teams are built on guys like Stevens. Guys like Stevens might not spectacular but they are solid at their job and don't make a huge amount of money anyway.

• High Five High Five x 6
  5. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

your absoutly correct Soxcat

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't see why this is so taboo.

Stevens had a good year and has made a few strides in the passing game. A solid number 2 and I am glad he will be back next year.

8. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

Tight ends in college catch the ball,because that is where the money is.Where do you find a blocking te who can still run,catch and block.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh... what?

Teams are built on mediocre 3rd round draft picks that do nothing that any bum off the street hungry for a paycheck could?

Naw man... just naw...

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Let's be fair here, Stevens has made some good catches and been our lead blocking TE... Do I think he is a future Tony Gonzalez? No, but he's probably a good teammate and he's a serviceable player. No sense in going out and replacing him. Sign em, we all know he isn't gonna get a monster contract.

Just because we get reports that's the FO is making sure this guy is a keeper doesn't mean squat for the other players we need. Until they drop the ball on finny I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. They screw that up and I won't be happy.

But for now, sure. Stevens is a good TE. Sign em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar