Craig Stevens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LANGSTER, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wg53

wg53 Starter

What is this supposed to disprove?

All it does is reinforce my points.

Good blocker, reliable hands, 4.59 40.

2. wg53

wg53 Starter

No, captain kangaroo I am not.

Realizing that he has been underutilized by our coaches and that he is not a bust does not mean I am Craig. He had the best YPC on the team and made plays when given the chance. He is not some undrafted free agent scrub type as the village idiots claimed him to be.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Stevens got more looks earlier in the year. His looks seemed to go up and down with how well Hasselbeck was going. Been a long time since the Titans had a QB they trusted to throw over the middle

4. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

So Duece, if just any ole scrub can do what Stevens does, which is primarily block, why can't Cook do it?

Stevens, whether the fans that love the "flashy" guys don't like him or not, is one of those solid core players that you keep around because you know what you get with them. They do what they do, and don't screw it up much.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You seem awfully defensive of him.

6. wg53

wg53 Starter

Not really. Just amazed at the stupidity being leveled his way. He is not a scrub FA type as the clueless ones claim. He is no Tony Gonzalez or Rob G., but he is a solid and well rounded TE that we should definitely resign. And he is not a bust.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Then why so unfriendly? - I gave you an advise and a link to prove your point. I said nowhere that you where wrong.

But ppl often throw stats around, without proof, therefore they are often questioned.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

First, there is absolutely no reason not to sign him. He is an underrated player.

Second, priority really isn't that rare of a word. Running a pro football team probably entails a lot of priorities. Even if signing Craig Stevens is below upgrading toilet paper or changing out the nacho cheese, it could still is a priority.

9. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Agreed underrated. Good blocker with pretty safe hands if we need an outlet.

I suspect that the word "priority" designates more that our blocking is what needs looking at as a priority rather than Craig Stevens is a priority per se ; which is what needs addressing.

Toilet Paper is still more of a need than Eugene Amano ; please supply your own punchlines.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I nunderstand that fully, I think it's a money situation. I don't think anything even needs to be said about how much of a priority it is to keep finny around, at the same time, we don't want to give him a bigger ego boost and cost us another mil or 2 in cap each year do we?

In all honesty, I'm holding out judgement until I see what happens on the finny situation, I'll be pissed as all **** if they let him hit FA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar