Craig Stevens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LANGSTER, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you're selected as a TE in the 3rd round and 4 years later the only thing you're known as is an effing "blocking TE"... you're a bust. Sorry.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's funny considering Cook made more notable blocks the last half of the season than Stephens did.

And actually played his position well rather than just being an offensive lineman calling himself a TE.

If you're wanting a guy to just block you sign washed up bums like Alge Crumpler. Not waste 3rd round draft picks on some underachieving TE.

3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Sign him! We need him!

4. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

...Well , sorry to burst your bubble Deuce but IIRC , the moustachioed genius that used to frequent these parts took him at #3 based on his blocking skills before his receiving abilities. The fact the franchise wants to keep him in the current scheme of things doesn't tell me he's a bust in an area that needs attention , he's just a joe that we drafted too early IMO like the many other joe's drafted during the madness of the Fisher King.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1238

One pre-draft profile for your reading - LMAO at Mike Mayock !

Read the comments regarding blocking carefully.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Stevens is a solid player. Certainly better than Daniel Graham. Graham will be a late training camp cut this year I predict.

Stevens should be offered a fair market value 3 yr deal. If he agrees to it before FA then great if not then you let him test the market. No team is going to open up the coffers for Stevens. Is Stevens replaceable??? Sure Could you do worse than Stevens??? Sure.

I would rather pay Stevens than pay Lavelle Hawkins.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Stevens is very underrated, I'm happy he's coming back. And he's only a top priority in January because he's a no-brainer "must keep". After him we don't really have a TE. He's going to be really cheap to re-sign so why not?

When has this guy let us down? He's always surprised me, and played above expectations. If Cook could block, Stevens wouldn't be a priority.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Stevens is in the mold of Witten if they would use him like that..problem is they don't

8. JCBRAVE

I've thought about that before, and I think he could maybe be that with Locker at QB. Hasselbeck doesn't use TE's enough to give Stevens big stats. Plus if Cook sticks as a TE, he's getting the attention.

9. JCBRAVE

Pro's to signing Stevens
    1.)He's accountable (never seen this guy not catch what was thrown his way)
    2.)Can be trusted with the ball (doesn't fumble)
    3.)Soft hands and faster than you realize
    4.)Blocks as well as a TE can
    5.)Fills a roster spot
    6.)Cheap signing

I see no cons to trying to keep this guy in TN.

Oh his stats are not impressive? Or are they? Stevens averages over 18 ypc, that's better than Rob Gronkowski. Stevens longest play went for 58, Rob Gronkowski's 52 yards. He's got big play ability, he just gets lost cause of Checkdown Becky and Cook.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Stevens is nowhere near the level of Witten.

It's these comparisons that make me dislike him more. I really don't understand the love fest for Stevens at all, I saw him get owned by some defensive players last season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar