Cramer re-signed, Vanden Bosch feeling better

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Two developments at Titans headquarters today worth noting:</p> <p>The team put linebacker <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5254" shape="rect" target="_new">Josh Stamer</a> on injured reserve with a groin injury, but replaced him with a player who should be able to pick up a lot of Stamer's special-teams duties. Tight end <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5753" shape="rect" target="_new">Casey Cramer</a>, until recently a Miami Dolphin, is back with the team. He was a valuable special-teamer for the Titans in 2006 when he played in 15 games. He played in five games in 2007.</p> <p>Meanwhile, defensive end <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2582" shape="rect" target="_new">Kyle Vanden Bosch</a> said he's encouraged by his progress following lower abdominal surgery the week of Dec. 15. He's running some as part of his rehabilitation and could resume practicing next week. He said he's pain free but does not yet know how his abdomen and the connected groin problem will respond to football action yet.</p> <p>While he hopes to be ready for the Jan. 10 playoff game, he said if he's not it's possible another week would have him ready for the AFC Championship Game if the Titans advance.</p>

More...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Vickerson's back isn't he?

4. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Uh Oh..........Looks like KVB won't be close to 100% on the 10th. And the way he's talking he might not even take a snap.

That's not good.

I think he probably will take the field to start, but after the first series he will be benched. We better hope AH is closer to 100%.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I liked Casey Cramer. He was a good utility guy, I remember. FB, TE, Special Teams, or wherever needed.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so now we'll have four TEs active? i guess ganther gets a seat then since cramer can play FB.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I dont see KVB playing anymore this season, if he tries to i think a good hit will put him back on the bench.

It's time for Ball to step up.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Or they'll deactivate Stevens. Cramer's really good on Special teams. Best way to describe him I think is a poor man's Bo Scaife. He can fill in for Hall if he gets hurt, and play a little TE, but he'll be mostly for special teams i'd imagine.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think he'll replace ganther as FB. If hall goes down we will want a real FB to go to.

Not to be negative but KVB should have never saw the field until he was ready to play. They brought him back way too soon.

10. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

It is going to be disappointing if KVB doesnt get to see the field but at the same time i feel really good about the depth we have behind KVB. Ball,Hayes, and Ford are names that nobody's heard before outside of nashville,but i can bet you when the playoffs start, alot more people are going to know who they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar