Crazy but what if

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Yossarian, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I would not mind Porter on this team.

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Count me as a guy who thinks its a great move to get one................Both have a ton of talent and really neither one has gotten in trouble. Davis is trying to do to Porter exactly what he did to Marcus Allen before he dumped him.......................Al wont let Moss go anywhere in my opinion.

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I don't want Moss or Porter to come here. They destory franchises. I would much rather draft a WR. Moss is on the downside of his career now. He sucks because he is not as fast as he used to be, and he can't out jump everyone now. I know he has a horrible qb throwing to him, but regardless he is a head case, and we don't need any more of those. Porter is decent, young, but is a #2 or #3 reciever at best. We need a number 1 guy.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

we don't have a good track record with Raiders cast offs.......KFC:rolleyes:

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha: one player isn't a track record.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I've posted severally that I THINK Moss could fly straight here and contribute. Downside of his career, last run at the glory, playing for an up-and-comer. I think Moss would play up, instead of down, if he had a chance to play with Vince Young. I think the Vince Young effect could put a new shine on that old wide receiver. Moss still has it, he just has to want to bring it out. Injuries are my biggest concern with him, but I have no doubt our other WRs could benefit from his presence. He doesn't have to be a mentor per se, but his playmaking example on the field will benefit them. Moss still wants to be the best, of that I have no doubt. Yeah, he might takes plays off, but the guy is a threat. We need that. Bennett and Givens are injury prone too, and even though they are our most experienced WRs, they could benefit from a Randy Moss. Next year is going to begin with Bennett, Jones and Wade as the starters. It's not out of the question that Drew suffers an injury along the way, leaving us with Jones and Wade to start. I just have to wonder how that would be.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He's got 2 years of rust on him.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Who? Moss or Porter?

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

One thing about Porter: he's a big boy. I have to say, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Givens on the field together., but I do believe adding one WR will force us to cut one or two.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

porter would be my pick of the two.. i'm sure he could shake the rust off pretty easily and I know this was years ago..but I remember when he used to cut up our secondary back when he had a decent qb throwing to him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar