Credit Chuck Cecil

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vigsted, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Cecil's been forgotten in all the commotion surrounding Young, but I actually think he called a really good game on Sunday. We took more chances with blitz and stunts and it caused good pressure on Garrard all day.
    Of course he was helped by having Finnegan and Fuller back, both of which played really really well yesterday.

I still think we're a little conservative with our use of 3-4 man rush on 3rd and long, but on the whole we showed more aggression in the playcalling.

Now if we can just fix the tackling issues...

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea we really need to wrap up better. And okay lets give Chuck a high-five for his good work. I credit Vince entirely for this win. Him plus C.J. seems to be what we needed. If defenses cant play contain on #28 then he's dynamite!

Now time to switch the avatar.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I credit who ever decided to pickup Rod Hood. Playing defense isn't hard when you are up by 17 points.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yeah particularly the plays where MJD just absolutely man handled Fuller..on more than one occasion. I think he's gunna need to shore that up a bit.

5. amy

amy Starter

Yeah, it's almost like 'someone' told Cecil he could be creative. I wonder who that 'someone' might have been? I rule out God.

6. ChattTitansFan

ChattTitansFan Practice Squad

IMO, the "hype" surrounding VY starting, provided the spark that was needed to get our defense rolling again. There are still some MAJOR issues with Special Teams and tackling, but overall I was really impressed with the team actually playing as a team. Plus it was sure nice to see some smiles on the faces of the Titans players. Give credit where credit is due. Chuck Cecil actually had a decent defensive game plan against the hags. Now if they can get back to the basics and learn how to tackle, we would be OK. I do understand that we beat a mediocre Jacksonville team, but a win is a win and something to build on. The real test will be next week against the 49'ers. If they can keep the same intensity that they did yesterday, we have a good chance to come out with a win. Great win for the Titans!

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

What was up with our LBs they miss so many tackles and tulluk and bulluck play really bad football which is a good thing because we know how good they could play maybe it was a off day or the small RB.

8. rastamon

rastamon Camp Fodder

finally his blitzes worked... glad to see that we have a great blitzing LB in tulloch

9. Titans Reign

Titans Reign Camp Fodder

I think Sunday's game said alot about the Mighty Titans. It showed us that people can learn from mistakes and poor judgement (VY), that coaches can coach when allowed (Cecil), and that Head Coaches can win (when pride and ego are not an issue because an owner gets involved).

I'm still of the mindset that Fisher must go; too much water under the bridge, and a squandered season is proof of that. But it was refreshing to got to bed with a smile, as I'm sure the players and coaches finally did too.

Luv Ya Blue and Roll Titans!

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

There were some significant problems with those two plays in particular, but that was definitely a better effort from the defense as a whole. Amazing how much it helps to get two good secondary players back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar