Critiquing Titans Coaching Staff And GM Overall Performance In 2011 And Beyond

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Are there any changes you think this team needs to make before handing the reins to Jake Locker? Once we hand him the keys its up to him and also whoever is coaching him to get the job done.

I'm thinking that Jerry Gray could've done a better job so far than what he has with this defense.

I'm not real happy when i finally see our offense scoring points but they can't score enough because the defense gives up nine or ten yards every time the opposing runnng back carries the ball.definitely need to work on our rushing defense and please get rid of the awful Ruud at LB and instill Mccarthy at his spot.

Would like to see less favortism towards veterans and don't want them playing over a much more capable player just because that player is a rookie.

Next season there will be no excuses as far as Mike Munchak goes.

As far as Mike Reinfeldt goes i like him alright but certain things he does really baffles me.I hate seeing this team missing a key player at a position and Reinfeldt will stand firm and not attempt to bring in help.

Brandon Lloyd was a steal and we needed WR help.Last i checked Lloyd was doing pretty good in St Louis.Lloyd was right up Reiny's alley because he loves a good player he can bring in for cheap.What happened to Avery????

Even though we signed Chris Johnson to a mega contract we don't need to keep him here past the point where its hurting our team.If he doesn't work out don't keep him here based on money.Winning is more important.

Also in the coaching down to the players i feel there is a leadership void.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

We need another WR, we need to get 3 new o-lineman, and we need a power back to split with CJ. If we did all of those in the offseason I would be very happy and think Locker would excel. If we did 1 of those, or two of those, it will likely be more mediocrity. That's just on the offensive side of the ball too. The D should be okay if we resign Finny, get a new Safety to replace Hope, and try to improve the D-Line just a little though. It's nice to know we're set at MLB and CB's.

Jerry seems to be decent but he still does that awful 10 yard space to the WR's which allows them to kill us across the middle.

I really think Chris Palmer is AWFUL. He made our offense the most vanilla offense I've seen in a while. Please get rid of him.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Jerry Gray has done well when he's not playing Fisher-style defense in 2nd halves.

Chris Palmer can walk off a cliff. We knew he was a joke before arriving and nothing on his resume made you think he could be decent. Surprise! He's not decent.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maybe MR didn't want to give up a pick for a guy that would not be here after next year.

I do agree that there is some good value for established players.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Anyone else feel like we need one or two players on both sides of the ball who need to step up and really get vocal and instill some heart into this team.We need some leadership and some players to really step up and get this team to give heart and soul on every Sunday.

6. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Mike Reinfeldt and Palmer replaced.

Munchak needs to seek psychological help to get himself out of Fisher mode when it comes to players. This is the NFL and I want to see a team's best players every week. Next week may not be the same as this week. I want my best on the field. He needs to stop the "________ is our guy" routine.

The team is broke so "there will be no changes" doesn't really work for me.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm content with all the coaches, and management up to this point. Come next week and we're losing more than we're winning, then I'll have some stuff to say. But for now I'll stay fairly quiet.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Remember: actions speak louder than words. What Munchak says and does means diddly to me.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'd say the biggest needs are at C and G. Amano & Scott have to go. If those two are replaced with better players, Harris can stay.

Definitely one more decent WR. I feel like a trio of Britt, Washington & DWill can be extremely solid if healthy, but we need some insurance behind those guys.

I don't know what to do with CJ at this point. Cutting him this offseason and saving all of that money may be a good idea. I'm starting to realize RB's are a dime a dozen. But maybe he'll be rejuvenated next year under a better OL.

On defense, we need to improve the entire DL. The pass rush isn't strong enough; very disappointed with Jones & Morgan at DE. I thought Jones was going to be an absolute beast at DE but he's not getting after the QB like I thought he would. Morgan has also been disappointing however I would keep both guys next year, we just need a better rotation of guys that can get after the QB.

I think we're set up nicely with Klug & Casey though. Ball, Sheppard, Marks & Smith haven't done anything though.

Ruud will be gone for sure with McCarthy at MLB next year. I love him & Ayers together, that can be a LB duo for us for the next 10 years. Hopefully Witherspoon has enough in the tank for one more year or else we're gonna' have to find another LB; it'd be nice to NOT have this need during this offseason.

Resign Finny and we're set at CB with J-Mac & Verner also. As good as a trio gets really.

We need to replace Hope at S for sure. This may be worth an early draft pick or decent free agent signing. I know Griff is inconsistent but I'm content with keeping him around; just like Witherspoon, I welcome one less need when other areas need more improvement.

G
    C
    WR
    DE
    DT
    S

6 needs IMO

The coaching staff came together pretty late and are 5-5 right now. I'm willing to give them one more chance with those areas of need improved.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. pettso

pettso Starter

I can't stand how lifeless Munchak is on the sideline. You don't have to be Rex Ryan out there but at least show an attempt to speak to your team. I haven't seen him talk to anyone. I haven't seen him complain to a ref about a bad call, nothing. It really bothers me.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar