Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Crocodile Hunter dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. LazyManJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    Amd to think I ws watching The Crocodile Hunter just last night, shame, he'll be sorely missed.
  2. Michi40 Lost bullet

Moolah:
    $0
    What a horrible freak accident. Is a shame, rip man.
  3. moose4now Starter

Moolah:
    $55
    Very sad to hear.

I heard about it when I turned on the TV this morning and CNN was doing a story on the dangers of stingrays. And, later explained what had happened to Steve Irwin.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $23
    I think it is almost nearly impossible to die by Sting Ray barb. What a freak way to go. Most of the time the barb will come out if you step on it. But even then, rarely will it come out, and rarely would it even get you. You really have to put the fear of god into a stingray before it will barb you. I can't even imagine how it happened. Seriously. To get hit in the heart you would either have to lay on it ( which I still can't see happeneing ) or somehow fall on it ( which is still nearly impossible ). The Water is usually all the buffer the singray needs to flutter away without doing anything to you. The only other option is if you tried to eat it. Which is what sharks so, and their stomach is often found lined with sitingray barbs, and the shark does not die. People step on them all the time and get barbed in the foot, but not seriously, and that's about the only thing I could imagine happening. I wonder if their was a witness to it.
  5. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,229
    They were filming a deal, so it is probably on tape. Doubt they would ever release that.
  6. Crash Override inVINCEable

Moolah:
    $0
    Yeah SlammaJamma, it's like nearly impossible for that to happen.
  7. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,229
    I saw an interview of his producer, who said it was filmed. The police have it in custody now.
  8. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,031
    They plan on using it as evidence when they arrest the Sting-Ray?
  9. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    ^^They probably keeping it so it doesn't leak all over the internet (it probably will leak anyway). Apparently, the video not only catches the sting ray sticking Irwan, but also Irwan pulling the barbs out.

I was shocked when I read the headline about this. You gotta understand, a sting ray killing a person is extremely rare, even if provoked. The fact that he got hit in the chest and then the poison probably got to his heart, or the barb disrupted something leading to his heart, makes this whole thing seem very ironic; this dude wrestled crocodiles man, and he dies from an attack that only THREE Aussies have been documented dying of. Just crazy. RIP fo real.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.