Crocodile Hunter dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amd to think I ws watching The Crocodile Hunter just last night, shame, he'll be sorely missed.

2. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

What a horrible freak accident. Is a shame, rip man.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Very sad to hear.

I heard about it when I turned on the TV this morning and CNN was doing a story on the dangers of stingrays. And, later explained what had happened to Steve Irwin.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think it is almost nearly impossible to die by Sting Ray barb. What a freak way to go. Most of the time the barb will come out if you step on it. But even then, rarely will it come out, and rarely would it even get you. You really have to put the fear of god into a stingray before it will barb you. I can't even imagine how it happened. Seriously. To get hit in the heart you would either have to lay on it ( which I still can't see happeneing ) or somehow fall on it ( which is still nearly impossible ). The Water is usually all the buffer the singray needs to flutter away without doing anything to you. The only other option is if you tried to eat it. Which is what sharks so, and their stomach is often found lined with sitingray barbs, and the shark does not die. People step on them all the time and get barbed in the foot, but not seriously, and that's about the only thing I could imagine happening. I wonder if their was a witness to it.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

They were filming a deal, so it is probably on tape. Doubt they would ever release that.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Yeah SlammaJamma, it's like nearly impossible for that to happen.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I saw an interview of his producer, who said it was filmed. The police have it in custody now.

8. Very sad.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They plan on using it as evidence when they arrest the Sting-Ray?

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

^^They probably keeping it so it doesn't leak all over the internet (it probably will leak anyway). Apparently, the video not only catches the sting ray sticking Irwan, but also Irwan pulling the barbs out.

I was shocked when I read the headline about this. You gotta understand, a sting ray killing a person is extremely rare, even if provoked. The fact that he got hit in the chest and then the poison probably got to his heart, or the barb disrupted something leading to his heart, makes this whole thing seem very ironic; this dude wrestled crocodiles man, and he dies from an attack that only THREE Aussies have been documented dying of. Just crazy. RIP fo real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar