Crocodile Hunter dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Yeah Florida has frogs, and lizards running everywhere. I went close to this lake or something when I was 10, and I threw a rock and it hit an alligator on his head. He started coming towards me so I ran.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Cricket term, when you hit the ball out of the ground without it bouncing basically. It is worth 6 runs.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I have two turtles. And yes they are quick. You look away for a moment and they just dissappear. One of them dissappears for as long as he likes and I can't find him, but he does come back (he is named Titan by the way).

Luckily they dont have a way out of my backyard. I would have lost both of them by now.

4. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Im afraid of snakes too, and have had to good scares:

1st one:

When I was 10 year old, a friend and I in summer use to got shooting with bb guns. My friends grandfather had two dogs that had their "house" sorrounded by a wired fence about 20 squared yards big. Once a snake about 1 m got into this fence, dogs went wild and scared, the snake too. The dogs in one corner barking, the snake in the other, rolled and with the head up, like ready to jump.

So, when we heard them bark we got there and started shooting at the snake with our bb rifles. Fearing the snake could be poisonig and could bite a dog. But we coulnt hit, or we could but did not harm it, so we had to aim for the head. We werent good enough shooters, so we opened the cage, the dogs went out like if they were on fire, and got inside this roofless cage each in one of the corners.

We began shooting and hitting the snake on the tail untill I guess the animal got fed up of it and then went very quickly straight to me. Had one bb loaded
    got really nervous but really cant tell how I manage to shoot at it and then the snake just fell instantly dead about 2 feet of my feet.(isnt this sentence weird)

I guess I had a lucky shot and hit in on the head, but the freaky scary dogs went back inside the cage as soon as it was dead and bite it into pieces.
    (Discusting). So I couldnĀ“t check if the shot went to the head.

I was pale as dead and really scared when i saw the snake coming at me. Afterwards I remained pale for 20 minutes or so. No BS

2nd one

When I was 14, on an olive crop, i was looking for green asparragus that usually grow on the base of olive trees. Olive trees have low and very dense branches, so I crunched under the tree and was on my feet with my knees totally flexed about to cut an asparragus, when a snaked dropped from a branch and landed almost on my feet (right where the asparragus was).
    I inmediatly jumped back (an incredibly long backwards jump), landed on my but, and went running away about 200 yards till y stoped.
    Since, I always look up in the branches before getting under an olive tree, seriously. Even though havent seen another in 15 years.

SO I HATE DAMM SNAKES... They scare the hell out of me.:eek: :eek:

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

At least none of them were the snake eating the crocodile.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

For a number of years, a large part of the Australian population thought his antics were an "act". There has been numerous stories in the media over the years suggestng that his larrikin persona was more damaging to Australia than it was good.

There was a percetion by some Australians that other countries would stereotype all Australians as being like Steve and that wouldn't be a good thing.

He was 100% genuine all the time. I saw him a couple of times at his Zoo (it's only 30 minutes drive from my house) and it didn't matter if he was in front of a camera or not. He was always exactly the same bloke.

On the issues of kids being upset, I can vouch for that. My son (6) was quite upset about it, and I took him to school the next day and there were a number of kids in his class who were still talking about it and how sad it was.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I always thought all Australians were more like Crocodile dundee.

8. Man... have I got a movie for you... :ha:

9. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

PLEASE, not "Snakes on a plane", please:whoop:

10. I was in Perth for a month, yeah Perth is like the outcast city in Australia, there isn't another major city around there for miles upon miles. Also a Kangaroo attacked a car I was in, scary...you know how dangerous they are...

I've seen adders in England a couple of times, they're in really secluded places, and the only time you really see them is if they are sunning...or they're mating. They're poisonous too.

Where do'you live, Sydney, beware of the Sydeny Funnel Web, most poisosous spider in the world:suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar