Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Cumberland University Baseball

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DJB, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,679
    I'd say Pat is top dog in TN. She could out coach Fisher.
  2. DJB Starter

Verner
    Moolah:
    $559
    He's been a scout, a manager and GM for the Pirates minor leagues. He built CU baseball from the ground up. He doesn't want to go anywhere. He's got nothing to prove.

Baseball is all about strategy. In baseball talent will only get you so far. It usually isn't the team with the most talent that wins.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,383
    Apparently so could many people here...
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,562
    Seriously? I suppose coaching is why the Yankees feel the need to buy every top baseball player to win titles?

Baseball is a talent sport. Coaches just... well, I really don't know what they do. Chew bubble gum and walk out to the mound or make a change that anyone in the stadium can see needs to be? I know it's a bit deeper than that, but not much.

If you have the most talented pitchers you'll win. And a coach can't tell someone how to throw 90mph. The pitches are usually in the arsenal or not. And they can't tell a batter how to have the hand-eye coordination to hit, either.

Beyond little-league, I'm not sure what their job really is. So they fill out a lineup... tell people when to steal or sacrifice... and... hmm. Yep, that about covers it.
  4. 757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Moolah:
    $226
    None of those teams hold a candle to UCONN
  5. Yossarian I am Him.

George
    Moolah:
    $38
    Agreed. UCONN Women's BBall is as close to a dynasty as any team in any sport right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.