Current season of The Office

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Mar 23, 2012.

1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

SUCKS!!!!!

Omg what a POS! I can't believe I keep watching it.

I knew it wouldn't be as good without Carrell, but good God, this is pathetic.
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Yeah.. it is pretty bad. You know once people start getting married and having kids a show is going to go downhill. Good run while it lasted, though.
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I've read that next year will be the last year and after that they're going to do a spin off on Schrute Farms.
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

This show jumped the shark the minute Pam n Jim hooked up.
    You don't continue The Fugitive after Kimble finds the one-armed man..
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If you don't like this season, you're really not going to like next season when Dwight, Jim, Andy and Kelly are all off the show. I'm too lazy to find a source for this, but all the entertainment sites are reporting it.

Hope you like Kevin a lot. (I actually do, but as a supporting character.)
  6. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

More Creed!
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

8. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

Watching The last year or two of The Office is like sitting around LP Field two hours after the game ends.
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

stopped watching after season 5. Haven't seen an episode since. Unfortunately, most good TV shows go out this way. They milk these shows long after they're "done"

Married With Children
    Roseanne
    Office
    Scrubs

All shows I love that just overstayed their welcome. Most good ones do. Pretty much every show gets cancelled before it really gets a chance, or completely goes too long.

King of the Hill was good to the last drop. Rarity.
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, it pretty much sucks. Yet I keep watching for some reason. 30 Rock seems to be going downhill fast as well (although I'm about 4 episodes behind on this season so maybe, hopefully, it's picked up). I can't quite put my finger on what it is. If it's trying too hard. If they're just running out of steam in the writer's room. Or if the show's "shtick" is simply wearing thin. IDK. But there's been a noticeable drop in quality lately compared to the first 3 or 4 seasons IMO.

I wish America would adopt the British way of doing TV shows. They tend to do 6-13 episode seasons (or "series") and typically keep their total number of seasons relatively low. In other words, they know when to stop. We insist on running every single good show into the ground.