Cutler throws very well at Combine

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Nash, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I'm sorry but Cutlers work ethic is damn impressive. Leinart right now has a WEAK arm for a TOP-3 QB. No doubt, and he isn't proving anyone wrong. Cutler is doing the combine like he's a low low pick and needs to gain some ground. He's doing everything the coaches ask, which leads me to believe he'll be a WHORE in the video room and work out freak. I think this kid could be magical based purely on work ethic. Think KVB on what work-ethic can get you.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because he does have ground to make up. vince and leinart have already made their top five money. cutler can go anywhere from 3-16. that's a lot of money.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I sometimes wonder if half you guys watch something different to the other half.

Some are in favor, others are not.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

an excerpt from mel kiper

He is fast becoming one of the most overhyped players in this draft. Cutler was OK, but not great, at the Senior Bowl, but he's drawing all these rave reviews at the NFL scouting combine. He hasn't done anything at the combine that has wowed me to move him up in the draft.

Cutler hasn't improved his draft position by what he did at the Senior Bowl or combine. He had a good senior season and finished strong. If you like Cutler based on how he finished the season, that's fine, but don't think that he's moved up dramatically based on the Senior Bowl and combine.

He's going to go in the top 15 of the first round and might even go in the top five. But what he's done since the season ended doesn't put him up with Matt Leinart or Vince Young.

I still have him in the top 10 of the draft, but you shouldn't think he'll be a top-three pick.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^ Thank you.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yeah and Mel Kiper also said Mike Williams was the best player in last years draft... he's no better than all the other "experts".

8. maximus

maximus Starter

Mel Kiper is fast becoming one of the most overhyped so called draft experts. He is ok, but not great, at making his draft day predictions but he draws the rave reviews by those that like the NFL. He hasnt done much to wow anyone to consider what he says the absolute truth....

He hasnt improved his draft expert position by constantly predicting that Billy Joe out of USC is the best player coming out, despite he didnt play at all the last season. If you like Kiper because of his hair, thats fine, but dont think he is moving on his way to the Sumpreme Court of the NFL Draft.

Hes going to get some picks right but with the number of mock drafts that he does, he should.

I still have him as a some what knowledgeable draft writer that spent one to many days on a Jamacan beach with Ricky Williams. But I dont think he should be considered a top 5 draft expert as those spots are left for SEC BiPolar, Gunny, TJ, nendzone, and SK
    :winker:

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think it's a little early to say he was wrong.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I do remember some of the "cutler"-ites praising kiper early on when he was one of the first to have Jay going in the mid first round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar