Cutler to Jags or Titans unlikley

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

you wish o.o

2. PBV

PBV Camp Fodder

Leinart has performed thus far like a clear bust. Out of 16 starts, only 3 wins as the lone QB for the entire game, despite arguably the best roster of WR weapons in the NFL.

VY was OROY in his first season, played with injury for much of his second season, and without marquee starters or even the same starters he had the previous year, or even the same starters throughout the season. A bum OC who failed at game planning and in-game adjustments.
    Young also had more yds in 2007, and the same amount of TDs as KC did last season. VY's problem was trying too hard to make big plays rather than just managing the game as the offense is designed to do. That led to ten more Ints than KC had, 5 more fumbles, and twice as many sacks. He also demonstrated a serious lack of maturity in handling media pressure.

VY might not be intelligent enough to have a long successful career.
    He might not be a talented enough passer to still succeed without his athleticism whether due to injury or age, to have a long career.
    He might not ever mature enough to have a long successful career (see Pacman).

But there are many different variables, and he has had a mixed bag of results.
    Some outstanding successes, and some outstanding failures.
    Nobody knows what will happen. If he has grown up, and has learned how to throw the ball away, he should have zero trouble overtaking KC in camp, and performing at a higher level than in 2006, 2007, or KC in 2008. If he can't or doesn't, he likely won't be given another camp opportunity to compete in 2010.

To say he hasn't preformed well at all is an ignorant position in my opinion.
    To say he could never improve, is like wise ignorant in my opinion.
    To lay all the blame at his feet is also a very ignorant position to take in my opinion. VY has made enough of his own mistakes, without making him responsible for others' mistakes too.

To label him a bust, is to give no credit to him for his successes, and to lend greater value to his failures, even though he has won more games than lost.
    He may likely become a bust, but in my opinion, that can't be judged until his career is over, or at least over with the Titans. He has in my opinion demonstrated that he could still develop well.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

You just said that great QBs are essential to have a winning team and I dont think you realized it.

The Pats lost their top tier qb and dropped off. Colts lose Manning, they're done. If we lose Collins, we replace him with another average QB and still have the same outcome (zero playoff wins, 0 TD passes in 2 playoff games).

I understand placing emotion into not wanting Cutler for whatever reason or that he's a baby off the field, but to deny NFL history in proving that it takes top tier QB's to win them, especially more than a single wonder year.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

His team averaged giving up 28 pts per game. the Titans D was half that.

IN GAMES DENVER GAVE UP 21 PTS OR LESS, CUTLER WAS

21-1

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

First of all, Jay Cutler hasn't won 21 games in his career.

Second, Vince Young has more wins with the same theory.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

7. Volunteers10

Volunteers10 Camp Fodder

Thank you sir,

and obviously their ploy worked. :grrhee:

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I stand corrected - it's 13-1 when his D gives up 21 pts or less. By the theory that Jay Cutler isn't a winner would be the same if a baseball pitcher had a 1.00 ERA, but his offense never scored a run. He would finish the season at 0-20 and by your definition would be the worst pitcher in the league.

Bears for more wins than the Broncos this year, any Cutler haters interested in a friendly wager since he's a loser and all?

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

When Cutlers team lost his team AVERAGED giving up 33 points per game over the last 2.5 seasons.

Vince has NEVER once scored that many points in a game.

10. 24

24 Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar