Cutler, Young and 114 days until the draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'll have to watch Cutler closely at the Senior Bowl. He looked good vs UT, but his overall stats are not very good. I know, surround him with Leinart's talent and he'd be a lot better....but how much better?

He may be getting flavor of the month hype, and he may actually deserve it. But it's hard for me to believe he's a better prospect than Leinart or Young. But if he's a diamond in the rough, and he's there in the 2nd, we may be looking at the future King of Nashville :winker:

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

nope .... no way he's there Round 2

unless he absolutely balks at the Senior Bowl

lots of teams needing a QB - Baltimore / Detroit / Miami come to mind

IF Cutler had better talent around him he might've had better props

I remember when he was scouted he was one of the best QB prospects
    why he went to Vandy I dunno .....

3. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

145 IQ, a chance to play in the SEC, and Vandy was actually one of the few teams that wanted him at QB. He played both ways in High School and most schools wanted him to play Safety because of his athleticism. Man, imagine if he had gone down that road, what a bummer for us Vandy fans!

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Sure fire 1st round players drop every year. Never say never. Well I guess you didn't say never when you mentioned the SR Bowl :lol:

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

he would have to complete less than 40% of his passes
    fumble more than 4 times
    get sacked once per possession
    and throw a temper tantrum before vommitting on Jeff

to drop out of the 1st round .... IMHO

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

but if he sported the mullet he still might go number 3.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cutler not first rd material?..nuts!

There are at least 10 teams out there that want to draft a top QB prospect. There will be 4 top prospects assuming young comes out. Cutler is one of them with young, lienart and jacobs. No way they are not all plucked in rd one. They may be all gone by the 25th pick. It would be a big mistake to expect to get a cutler or jacobs in the 2nd rd. Too much need out there. Of course reese's job is to discern the difference between those 4 and a guy like pinegar who will be there in the second or even in rd three. If reese doesn't see much difference between a pinegar and a cutler he would have little reason not to wait.

Once again titanjeff is wrong. What else is new. Cutler does warrent 1st rd consideration and may be off the board by the 20th pick.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cutler rankings...

Great blue north--4th among QBs 37th overall

NFL draft countdown 3rd among QBs 19th over all.

Mel kiper's big board. 2nd among QBs and 9th over all.
    Note that kiper's board only includes seniors and under classmen who have formally announced. There are about 6 juniors that kiper would likely rank ahead of cutler overall one of them a qB vince young. So i'm considering cutlers ranking for kiper as 15th. 3rd among QBs.

That averages out to 3.3 rank among QBs and 24th overall.

9. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

good stats, no matter what our pic is lookin' mighty fine right now!!!

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I think most would argue that Cutler is a top 5 prospect, easily. The issue is that some people want him with the 3rd, or within' the top 10. I just don't think he's worth that! I'm a fan of Jacobs (if he declares),and would love to move down, get a 2nd and/or 3rd, and take him with a late 1st.

However, if we keep the 3rd, I just don't think Cutler is a value there. I'd much rather have Bush (chances not there, but hell), Leinhart, Young, Ferguson, and maybe Hawk (although I put him in the Cutler pile; not worth a 3rd).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar