Cutting Taylor dents Jaguars locker room

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I took you seriously to this point. Reuben Droughns? Really? The same Reuben Droughns that hasn't broke 1000 yards since 2005? The same one that didn't even have a single carry in 2008? The same Droughns that averaged 3.3 ypc in the last two seasons in which he actually did get to play?

^^^Reason #3,124 to be happy nobody on this board is Tennessee's GM.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He averaged as many yards per carry (almost) running behind CLEVELAND's offensive line.
    Not sure why people forget to factor in that we have a top 3 OLine. Comparing Lendale's stats to other RBs isn't very fair if they play behind one of the worst in the league.

That's like bashing a guy for averaging .3 yards less per carry than an RB from Denver.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Droughns? He did it in 2005. Or 2006, if you want to consider his 750 yards and 3.4 average. That still makes it nearly three years since he has had any real production.

Regardless, Jwill just said he'd rather have a running back who didn't get a single carry in 2008 instead of LenDale White, who had 773 yards and 15 touchdowns.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My point exactly.

He had more than a 50% decline on production from '07. We probably shouldn't entirely blame the Jags OL since MJD's production actually increased.

Exactly. Taylor isn't an upgrade.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Too many miles on his injured old body I'm amazed people are seriously considering this guy.

So how do you explain the 15 touchdowns?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Again, Fred ran over more people and made more people miss than LenDale. I would still much rather have Fred Taylor. Reuben Droughns had gotten some good carries two years ago with the Giants, this year, their three headed monster at RB was too much. He runs harder than LenDale, so just to be a battering ram, he would be just fine if not more of a bruiser than LenDale White.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i will be interested come may what lendale considers "in shape"

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

What does it matter as long as he's productive???

I still want to hear how an old Fred Taylor is going to run 15 TD's for us. He damn sure never did it behind the several good O-Lines he previously ran behind. For all the talk about our O-Line, I think many of you have forgot what offenses and defenses look like inside the five. It takes more than just the O-Line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar