Cutting Taylor dents Jaguars locker room

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

chris johnson was batting 1000 inside the five last year too. lendale didn't do anything spectacular.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I was explaining the point that was being missed. If you wish to continue the debate, you'd then have to factor in our significantly better OL. However, I'm not here to argue whether Taylor is better or not. It doesn't matter. They aren't gonna cut Lendale and take a cap hit just to sign Taylor. Why would you spend MORE money on your backup RB for likely similar production? Plus, White is playing for a contract so I don't see them cutting him unless they need to (in which case he'd be replaced with Ganther or a draft pick). I would say someone wanting him in a trade could be attractive but I don't think someone wants to offer much...

If you wanna talk about Derrick Ward, then we can have a conversation!:)

Gut

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I can see LenDale White leaving the Titans as a RFA... He needs to be quicker... he needs to hit people... he needs to run over people... LenDale is more like a magnet for defenders... I am wondering what he will do playing for a contract though... does he have it in him?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I'm pretty sure we're going to find out!

Gut

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You give the rock to anyone behind our OLine 37 times from the two yard line, it's a pretty safe bet they're gonna get in the zone. LenDale White did nothing special, and if you're only attribute is scoring from 1-2 yards out, i'm sure we can upgrade you. The only change of pace back LenDale is, is that he doesn't make people miss or break tackles, while CJ does. Sad. Fred Taylor, Deuce McAllister and whomever else, can score touchdowns from the 2 yard line for the Titans in their 40's

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Fred Taylor is still a lot better than Chris Henry... not that that adds anything to the discussion but I wouldn't mind having Taylor on the roster as a 3rd running back... It might motivate White... the idea of Freddie taking over the #2 spot... then all of a sudden an injury at RB is no big thing... Chris Henry was a waste of a #2 pick and currently a waste of a roster spot.

Can the Titans have too much depth at running back?

I doubt it.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

A healthy Fred Taylor and CJ is just pure dynamic. Much better in my opinion than CJ and Lendale. An unhealthy Fred Taylor still has more burst and power than LenDale, too.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And it isn't happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar