Cutting the Cord to Cable

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Ewker, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Born in 88... Still think blink 182 was wack.
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You didn't even like them in 3rd or 4th grade?

What other music were kids listening to? Backstreet Boys and NSync? Britney Spears? Christina Aguilera?
  3. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Nope. At that age I was listening to primarily country. Alabama, Garth brooks, George straight. Then into rap, eminem and company, eventually moving to Swedish death metal in middle school.
  4. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

It's pretty simple: B182 has shitty vocals delivered with a really stupid accent. That godawful "voice insoid moiyad" song was the worst offender. And that Tom Delonge has any "signature" guitar by any manufacturer is just plain silly and cheapens the industry. This is why everyone quit playing guitar and just uses laptops now.
    And if you're a country fan you're a big part of what's wrong with America.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

How long has google fiber been around? We dont have that up my way, is it new?
  6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Only option we have is Time Warner or Dish. We don't want the dish... so that leaves cable - gouging.

The antenna would be great, except we are nearly 30 miles from broadcast towers. So, we'd need a high - powered one... That is against HOA rules. Those indoor antennas are only good in certain areas.
  7. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

It has been around a few years but Google chooses their own markets.

They pretty much wipe the floor with whatever ISP exist there when they move in.

The best thing?

You can pay like $300 up front for equipment and instalation and enjoy FREE 5mbps Internet unlimited forever. Which is currently faster than many places.

For $70 you get 1 GIG PER SECOND download speeds. Just sick.

For $120 you get 1gbps Internet and TV service along with a massive DVR hard drive, terabyte of storage on Google Drive and a Nexus 7 tablet.

Started in KC.

Expanding quickly.

Nashville area is on the next list to get it. So is the Atlanta area.

It only hit a couple markets last year but was a massive success.

2014 will have them seriously expanding. I think by 2016 you will see it in every state if not more.

Comcast will probably run to Congress and cry. Market monopolies are in danger.

Especially when Google is offering FREE Internet.