Cutting The Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Interesting to see that a light has come on at BSP, but I wonder which office it come on in first, Floyd's or Jeff's. I would imagine the lights in Mr. Underwood's office have not been off yet.

As much as I hate the fact that we burned a pick on a so-so talent for our "system", I can understand the adage of "time to cut bait".

To me it also sends a message of much more importance. The message to the players on the team is simple. You need to perform at the highest ability you can muster, and do it every play, and do it immediately. We're not going to wait for you. We'll help you, but you have got to want it. Play every down like it was your last.

As we said in flight school, "the pucker factor is high". I'm sure this holds true around the locker room.

Now I get to retire my Calico jersey, along with my Kearse, McNair, and George.

In case you were curious about our stellar picks that are no longer playing football:

http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/titans.html

2. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Lets be honest, this years draft picks included some very "iffy" guys and suyrprisig picks, considering we needed a lot of help at linebacker. Drafting a RB and a WR in the draft when we were very deep at both spots had many folks scratching their collective heads.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And not drafting any O-line help had people even more confused

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I feel that draft picks should be cut if they aren't good enough...but I do think that we should be able to draft players that we won't cut 4 months later..that says a little about our scouting..

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

FR should lay off the estrogen when its springtime in Indianapolis. He develops these mancrushes on all these athletes instead of looking for football players. Just look at all the love he has shown Woolfolk for instance.

6. i still dont see how woolfolk was ever a round 1 pick, that was just stupid, if he was the best in that class i would hate to see the others

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar