D. Hall to the Raiders?!?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KTOWN TITAN, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Hall's a smart trade for the Falcons

2nd round pick (they could pick up B.Flowers, another VT CB but with less attitude)

and get rid of a malcontent and start fresh

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Hall's play on the field from the past year (and 2005) backs up the fact that he is a good player. I go off that as my evidence...you dont even bring anything to the table.

Hall was 20 years old at the beginning of his rookie year. His maturity (or lack there of) was evident then at that instance, but I havent seen a swing since.

Whether he gets into it with our players or not means nothing. Players all over the league get into it with everyone. There is jarring between and during every single play. Hall is just one of the better talkers and is very visible, so the league keys in on his verbal fights during games. He played great against us, and even had a TD.

Have you realized some of the offseason decisions that the Falcons have made the past few seasons? Getting rid of Patrick Kerney was real smart, wasnt it? How about keeping Jerious Norwood off the starting lineup for as long as they did? Releasing Crumpler? Signing Byron Leftwich to QB a west coast offense team? Hiring Bobby Petrino? How about not addressing the problem at the safety positions? Yeah, thats a real smart franchise right there...no wonder they have been winning so many games the past few seasons.

You have nothing to back you up, dont flatter yourself. All you can say is that he's a pain and that he made a big rookie mistake a few years ago. Fact is, he is one of the better man corners in the league and can also return kicks. WHile I would never even consider giving him the money that Davis did, have you ever heard of killing 2 birds with one stone?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol referring to what the Falcons did still doesn't prove he is good.

Hall is a proven pain in the ***, everyone knows it. That's why he is gone.

Deal with it.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hall is a top corner in the NFL and is paid like one.

He may be slightly overrated, and he may be more than slightly overpaid, but he would be a starter on any team in the NFL, and he would certainly start for the Titans.

That said, I'm glad we didn't give up a draft pick for him, and I'm glad we didn't sign him to that expensive of a contract. I think he's a great cover corner that will get a lot of picks, but will also get burned badly on some plays. Reminds me of S.Rolle.

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Have we even tried to push Pacman on the Raiders? Seems like they're interested in giving up draft picks for crybabies, malcontents, and pariahs. We could maybe get a 3rd for Pac.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

good question

i'm sure we've tried it several times

however pacman isn't a Tall WR so naturally the deal was nixed ;)

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

because Jerry Jones has a better offer :wink2:

8. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Raiders finalize $70 million, 7-year deal with Hall

DeAngelo Hall has reached an agreement on a seven-year, $70 million deal to come to Oakland, according to a source. ...more

[​IMG]

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i cant belive we might loose pac....what b.s...he isnt costin the team nything while hes gone.....y do they seem to eager to let him go....if he starts playing well his baggage will be forgotten b4 ppl think. an if he does do nymore crap an gets kicked out fine...at least we tried out best.

i cant believe how two best CB deals Nate and Hall, within all those millions...thee is a total of only 3 probowl appearances between the two...no allpros or rings....for that mattter no common sense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar