D.J. Hackett signs with Carolina

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

2. DJB

DJB Starter

Guess the whole time Reinfeldt was willing to go with Gage and a #1 draft pick at WR.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

thats not a horrible price for hackett, but as soon as we picked up jmac, i knew dj wasn't an option.

we probably should have done something, but to be honest, the guy has a huge history of injury problems and in the long run..its probably better we didnt get him

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Wow. We all knew that we needed to upgrade our WRs. The FO even came out and basically said that we would add playmaking receivers on offense. Now that there's no one left, it turns out that we added only JMac (and Crumpler, I know). Not much of an upgrade.

I've been in favor of most of Reinfeldt's moves, but I'm pretty surprised that we didn't sign anyone at all. I figured we would wait things out, let Berrian get paid way too much and then grab Bryant Johnson or DJ Hackett for pretty cheap.

Clearly, we have to take a WR in the first round and pray that he immediately becomes a stud. Otherwise, I don't see how our passing game will be that much improved over last year.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

well, its now obvious that the front office will take a wr first round. i'm glad for that. i think there are a lot of stud wr's in the first. deshawn, sweed, manningham, etc...

as for the fa offseason, crumpler is still a jump from hartsock and we added another vet that can't hurt our offense any more than some of our second year guys. i'll take jmac over ealy/m. williams/c. davis anyday

6. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

We could still trade for a WR so all is not lost. No players are safe,who knows what MR has got up his sleeve? A 1st and a 3rd would get us someone we'd probably all be happy with. Roy Williams or Anquan Boldin being my first choices.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

there is no way in hell we're trading a first and third for anyone. no way.

8. desfletcher316

I'd give them and my right leg for Marion Barber.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Does anybody ever question our WR coaching?

10. desfletcher316

Well catching balls instead of bricks would be a good place to start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar