D-Line Discussion...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I heard we might be bringing in Grady Jackson for a visit.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

My Javon/Bullock spelling joke went over some heads, apparently.

3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Just ignoring.

4. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Tell you the truth, I think Brown is a starting quality DT. He was exposed (Like the rest of the entire line) when Haynesworth was out for that stretch of time, but he did play well, and can play both DE/DT. I don't think he is our problem. That said, we should be looking at rotation players. Competition breeds [Insert cliché here]. We still don't know what we have in Antonio Johnson, but maybe the coaches do. Maybe he pans out, and gets into the rotation this year also.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I second that. I think he's proven himself. I know he was surrounded by talent on the line, but he still did a pretty good job. Tony Brown isn't terrible or anything. He could easily be a starter.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well of course he can play when you have 2 pro-bowlers on the D-Line. Here's a question though. If Haynesworth was not re-signed would you still feel confident in Tony Brown?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

tony brown is a good complimentary DT to haynesworth and does what he is asked to do very well, but he is not going to be the keystone to our d-line.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Brown is fine with Al beside him. We can do better, and maybe they do try and upgrade the position. It depends on who's there in FA or the draft. Grady could be a stopgap, and I wouldn't be opposed to that. Maybe another decent DT pops up after FA is done.

I think it's more likely we draft another DT. I don't think we'll see a guy available at 24 that's worth it all things considered. I think the best hope would be to find a guy like Laws/Moore/Sims/Bryant to give good depth and maybe push for the starting spot.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Without AH, our defense was completely dominated. Our defensive masterminds are not going to be able to compensate with the loss of AH, unfortunately.

So I still consider DT a big need right now. It would be nice if there was an early draft pick we believe in that could be developed and a longterm starter. But I would take a solid vet FA just to bolster the position.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Im with Alex....When Albe went down and Brown/Starks were made to hold up...we not only got run over (which is y i seriously wonder wat miami is thinking - givin him a mega contract) but we coulnt get through (i remember our sack count went pretty down too).

and as for the titans....we need to get to resigning big al. the longer we let it last...idn i jut feel him gettin pissed.

as for mahalona - didnt he play play pretty good? i remember c-in him in there and thinking he was doing iight for a young DT. is hs still w/ atlanta or did tey cut him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar