D-line

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DeutschTitan, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

After the game Roos stated that his job was not to give up the sack,hence when he got beat he took the penalty to protect Vince.

Wrong moose. I expect I'll get flamed for this but I don't think Freeney would be money well spent. Yes taking him would hurt the Colts but he would not be value for money. Everyone knows that Freeney's game is based on his speed & explosiveness,the knock on him is that he's only an average player against the run.

Next year he'll be 27 & entering his 6th season. If he stays injury free he may have 3 or 4 good years left in him. He would want guaranteed money for longer than that length of time & potentially could end up being another of those players that we still have to pay long after he's an effective contributor to the team.

If money really is no object then fair enough but not with a back loaded contract as he's 2yrs too old for that. It would be safer for our longterm salary cap to fill that position via the draft.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Roos: 1 holding, 2 false starts
    Freeney: 0 sacks, 0 tackles, 0 assists, 1 pressure, 1 offside

How was Roos having a difficult time again?

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Freeny did not hit VY. Freeny was not able to go thru Roos so he tried to go around him, and Roos did a good job of letting Freeney take himself out of the play on his outside rushes.

Freeney did get VY to step up in the pocket a few times, but that is to be expected.

Looked to me like Roos handeled Freeny as well as any other LT has.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess you guys didn't watch the same game as I did.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Roos is looking like an above average LT at this point so having him play well against Freeny is not a huge knock on Freeny. Having the Titans blow past Freeny for 200+ yards is a huge knock on Freeny and the rest of the diminutative dolt D.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Obviously not, if you think Freeney didn't have problems with Roos, concidering he was barely on the stat sheet (1 pressure).

7. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

All I know is that I would concentrate on getting mostly Defensive players in the draft/free agency.

If we do anything with the offense, it should be to the offensive line, but they've improved, so it may not be a huge issue.

We're fine at RB with Henry/white

While we don't have any great receivers, Bennet/Givens/Jones/Wade is a pretty solid group.

We have big problems on the D including CB,S,MLB,DT and DE.

8. I think one of the reasons why KVB had success last year was because of the threat of Big Al, guys double teaming him, left holes for KVB to pile through, hopefully we can improve the D-Line next year, whether Big Al is here or not (I for one hope he is)...

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I do think we need to look for a top notch DE in this next offseason. It's hard for KVB to get much pressure because he's constantly being double-teamed. If we had a stud DE on the other side, they wouldn't be able to double both every play.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

You guys gotta be kidding me. Freeney not worth the money? This guy's been in the running for defensive MVP of the league on several occasions. He's been playing hurt all season (wish Kearse could do that, eh?). He gets all of his sacks with speed? That must be some sick speed for no one to be able to stop him despite gameplans to do so. I can't really say that I care how he gets to the qb. DE's aren't like other positions. Players have been known to be effective well into their 30s (and even close to 40 in some cases). It's particuarly strange to me why you think a player on Freeney's level would decline so soon. Great players aren't usually the ones that have their play greatly diminish when they hit the big 3 - 0. In short, Freeney is one of the top DE's in the game, he's young, and would help any defense he goes to tremendously. We would be idiots to not pay him whatever he wanted if he has any interest in playing for Tennessee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar