Damage to Locker's psyche?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One of the arguments for allowing Hasselbeck to start the first four games was the potential damage getting thumped might have on a young QB. Does anyone think Locker's confidence might begin to get shaky?

Can he develop when the offense can't run the football and the defense get off the field?

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I think Locker is a solid guy. I'm really not concerned about his mentality or if he will get shaky. He doesn't have to be the best QB in the world as long as he is able to go out there every time and do the best he can with what he has around him.

Unless he throws the ball high when he gets rattled. Then we may be in trouble. Just a depressing day.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think he realizes the team around him sucks, so hopefully he can look beyond our soon to be 0-4 record.

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I am pretty sure Locker knows what is going on with the offense as a whole and knows he is only part of the problem.

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If he's fragile like VY may god help us.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I did not see a guy who appeared overwhelmed or the game was too fast for him.

He, like all young QBs, needs too go thru the progression faster. And with this OL apparently this means 2 reads at most - lol

7. Code

Code Starter

Jake isn't going to crack. He just needs a running game to help him out, a bit smarter play calling, and the offensive line needs to do a better job in every aspect of the game. He didn't look shell shocked to me. More like frustrated that they just couldn't get it going ...

By the way, SD just kept stacking 8 in the box and daring him to beat them. Today he couldn't. TIme will tell if he can in the future.

8. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I think the OL just needs to give him a little time so he isn't running for his life the entire game and things will develop. Its hard to develop like that. I'd say try a few more shots downfield but its hard when you dont even have time for that.

9. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

After Locker threw the interception to start the game, gift-wrapping that first touchdown, and then after SD started the next drive around midfield after a 3 and out by our offense making it extremely tough on the defense with SD taking advantage of the momentum and going up 14-0, the defense settled down after that and played really well the rest of the half.

The defense couldn't get off the field the rest of the way because they got gassed. One factor was the heat, the other factor was our offenses inability to get first downs. I find it hard to fault the defense in the first half. This game was more on Locker, the offensive line and Palmer's gameplan and play calling.

10. Code

Code Starter

SD started the game by running 7 minutes off the clock converting 6 of 6 3rd down situations. That was awful. The offensive line gets blown up on the first series and Jake panicked. 14-0 and we are once again pinned deep. We lost special teams battle badly today. 17-0 and it looks like this could get really ugly. Then the defense stiffened ... right until the fourth quarter. Then they looked gassed.

Jake wasn't good. But the offensive line is brutally bad. We miss McCarthy badly. Ayers was good but after that the LB play was subpar. Safety play is unacceptable. Really the only place that I thought we were good was at the WR position. and that gets lost in the rest of this garbage.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar