Damian Williams Bigger Role '12

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

With negative news surrounding Britt again, Kendall Wright a no-show and no contract currently and the disconcerning injury news of Lavelle Hawkins, who is now reportedly going to be suffering from ankle pain the entire upcoming season; it's looking more and more likely that Damian Williams will need to step up again as he did last year by posting career numbers in 2011.

Nate Washington and Damian Williams will be counted on a lot this year IMO, as no one can trust Britt anymore and rookie receivers rarely ever make a huge impact - especially one who is set to hold out without a deal thus falling behind in training camp (and dont get me wrong I am a fan of the draft pick and am excited to see Locker throwing deep to Wright, just may not happen as quickly as people want it to.)

Both Washington and Williams put up career numbers last season and its looking like they will be counted on even larger in 2012. I am excited for one to see what Damian Williams can do in the starters role for a full season, if and when he gets that opportunity; as he accumulated 45 receptions nearly 600 yards and 5 touchdowns in extended play last season.

I like Washington as well but I don't invision him as a go-to # 1 guy, more of a slot receiver. In fact Williams is pretty similar in that department but still would be interesting to see if D-Will can improve across the board again. If we don't start getting ANY good news with the receiving corps in the near future - its looking more likely that D-Will will be thrust into the starters role for an extended period of time and it would be his to run with it.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

D-Will will have close to 800 yards this year.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I'd say its pretty darn likely he'll have a bigger role, since two of our three top receivers are becoming less and less likely to contribute this season....

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Before last season I always said Damian could become our No.2 WR, looks like that may be happening.

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

looking through fantasy news on espn and they quoted "DWill is the clear number three if not the number two on the depth chart"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar