Damian Williams feels faster than ever

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

On the day the Titans reported for training camp, I talked to receiver Damian Williams about his training regimen during the offseason.

Williams worked out in Dallas with group that included several Olympic sprinters, including Wallace Spearmon, Doc Patton, Bianca Knight and even Usain Bolt.

Williams, heading into his fourth NFL season, thought it would make him faster on the football field.

He can tell a difference in training camp, he said.

“When you get into running deeper routes, you can start to open your stride a little more,’’ said Williams, who ran a 4.49 at the NFL Combine in 2010. “I am definitely faster than I’ve ever been.”

Is he Olympic speed? Well, he’s not at that point.

Williams, who grew up with Wallace, said he went through an exhausting workout with the athletes. They worked on flexibility and endurance, and also ran sprints.

“I don’t think I even finished a workout the first week, not one workout. It was that hard,’’ he said. “By the third week I was feeling better, but those guys are ridiculously fast. … Coach tells you to go the speed of light, plus 10 percent. I don’t have that, they do.”

Williams especially enjoyed meeting Bolt, who was there for a day. The Jamaican sprinter is widely considered the fastest human ever.

“You kind of expect guys like that to be Hollywood, they are celebrities,’’ he said of Bolt. “But he is a real down to earth guy, very cool.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So Damian Williams is faster than a cheetah?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar