Damien Nash

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol, the Jets are the popular trade team.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

It seems so. I wonder where it's coming from.

Gunny, you've given me an idea. We can throw Herm Edwards in the deal. His speechifying will have to give our defense an improvement.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We haven't seen nearly enough to know if Nash can do the same kind of performance. Henry is still a very strong power runner, which I think still could compliment Brown well. Too many bad circumstances prevented us from seeing the full potential of the two.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Henry brought on some of those "bad circumstances" himself. I think the Titans should move on. No way I pay him a bonus to keep him.

5. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

What if they could get him for basically the same thing as this year, about $1 million? Does that change your thinking any?

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think Henry would do it. He has to know this is his last chance to make some money. But I don't think other teams will be lining up for a guy a toke away from a year's suspension. I'd keep him if they could get him to rework his deal.

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

The news in Buffalo is Bills President and GM Tom Donahoe will be fired this week. http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060102/1046068.asp

It seems he got the better end of the bargain in the Travis Henry deal, at least in the short-term. It doesn't make Floyd Reese look real good right now.

Nash showed something Sunday. I wonder if the Titans plan on sending him to NFLPE. He is very lacking in experience, with only one year in college as a starter, and could use the work.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Oh yeah I'm not absolving Henry from his part of the blame. Just stating that with it all put together (the suspension, poor o-line, Fish not playing him when he was ready, some injuries), we didn't get big production from him like we hoped.....but it doesn't mean he's not a good back.

He broke a lot of tackles and ran hard this year. I think it's easy to see he's still a quality back and the combo of him and Brown behind better blocking should be formidable. But if the team is afraid of what one more bad pee test will bring, I can totally understand a decision to cut him.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We're a Whizzinator away from being the Vikings, and Henry being Moe Williams.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Some of you guys are nuts...

TH and volek for a first or a 2nd and 3rd? Nash for a third? What planet are you guys on? TH wouldn't get you any more than a 5th rd pick right now. There is not a huge market for RBs and believe me his market value has declined from when we gave up a third for him. He is now a year older and one joint away from missing some more time.

As for volek we could maybe get a 4th. Volek is not durable enough to be a dependable #1 QB, is not young any more and fumbles too much. He also comes with a contract that is hardly desirable. Volek hasn't exactly lit it up this year either.

Add another player to our shopping list. Kinney. What do we need kinney for with our two young TEs? His million dollar pay check isn't bad but we can bring in some kid for half that to be our #3 TE.

Kinney, henry and volek combined wouldn't even bring us a 2nd rd pick. Quick smoking the wacky weed guys. Our team sucked this year and you guys think everyone is willing to pay up big time for our players. Yeah right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar