Dan Koppen visiting Titans this week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 2, 2012.

1. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

Ahh the smell of desperation Faine sucks hard too but at least he has a sleeve which is probably more intimidating than Amano alone.
  2. A.D.

A.D. Thank you, Bud. R.I.P. Staff

There haven't been many reports that the Titans actually made offers to these centers. It's hard for someone to turn down something they were never offered in the first place.

The Titans did make an offer to Wells. I don't recall that an offer was made to Myers or Saturday, at least not offers that were reported. From my understanding, Koppen was in mainly for a physical to check out his ankle. I don't believe the Titans ever made him an offer.
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I've heard (not from Wyatt or anyone reputable) but from knowledgeable fans that Koppen did get an offer.
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Terry McCormick says on Twitter that Koppen re-signed with New England today.
    F---!
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

2 years and only $6 million for Koppen. The Titans must have decided they don't want him that bad, because it would have been easy to beat that offer. Or maybe he never really wanted to leave New England and was just using the Titans as leverage.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

...but why!? I mean you would be an instant starter here, you might be on the bench next season!
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

We are doing our due diligence so that if we don't get the center we want in the draft we will be ready to sign a guy right after the draft.

I'm not a fan of Faine's though. He has lived off his high draft status long enough.
  8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

I'm pretty f'ing pissed off about this but I think that your right.

Koppen never really wanted to play anywhere but New England.
    He took our offer back to the Pats and told them to pay up or he'd be a Titan.

I doubt it was about the money.

Break a leg Eugene.
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Really, break-a-f'ing-leg and die Eugene :)
    • High Five High Five x 2
  10. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

Maybe he is content sitting on the bench collecting 3 mil a year. I heard he might start a C while the other guy they signed his name is slipping my mind slides to G while Mankins recovers.