Da'Quan Bowers at 8

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gran54

gran54 Starter

Saw this on Kiper's most recent mock draft and I can't believe anyone hasn't brought this option up. One of the top three players in the draft at 8 isn't bad. I know we went Morgan last year, but when he is at full health and with Bowers, we could have a pair of bookend defensive ends for the next ten years.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be unhappy with the pick, he is the one End that I really care for. That being said I'd still prefer a DT.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I actually like Bowers and Watt better for our team than either of the top Dts. Kiper's mock makes senses since the Bengals are wanting a QB and might like Cam and the Bills seem to want that franchise guy. With both QBs and the top Dts off the board a guy like Bowers will be there at 8.

Bowers is 280, Watt 290 and both fit our new schemes on defense.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree. If given the choise of a real good DE or a real good DT always take the DE especially if you run a 4-3. Those guys are key players. You can have two DTs like Kevin Vickerson and still have a real good defense if you have two bookend DEs.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Bowers has been #1 on my big-board ever since Luck dropped out. Can you imagine having Morgan and Bowers on the end for years and years, ohhh yeah! Plus JJ could stay at DT, maybe pickup a huge DT in the 3rd or 4th round then.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bowers at 8 huh.... If we know we can get the QB of the future somewhere, then Bowers would be nice. Anyone being compared to Michael Strahan is a good pick in my book.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The dude is a beast. Can you image the starting lineup we could have? Morgan, Jones, Brown, Bowers. Now that is a D-Line that should scare opposing offenses!

There are 4 players that I hope drop to us in the draft: Bowers, Fairley, Dareus, Miller in that order. I would be extremely happy with any of those at 8.

I also am thinking if we take one of those guys, we trade back up into the last 1st and get Locker or Mallett if they fall.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I am so up and down about who I want with the 8th pick. Right now I'm on the Marcel Dareus bandwagon, but before that I was on the Bowers bandwagon. I really wouldn mind this pick at all, and quite frankly I welcome it with open arms.

9. appstater53

appstater53 Camp Fodder

yeaaaa. I thought about it but I didn't think they would get that lucky. Who knows last year morgan fell farther than thought. wouldn't mind having some acc boys bookend our line for years to come.

10. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I haven't seen it talked about much around here but I think Tony Brown is done to be honest. His knee injury has turned into a chronic problem, and you don't see too many players at this point in his career returning 100%. We all know that an improved D Line improves a defense across the board. Could you imagine a draft w Bowers and Austin or Fairley/ Dareus and Austin.

That would leave us with:

DE Bowers
    DT Jones
    DT Austin
    DE Morgan

Or

DE J. Jones (currently listed on the site as a DE)
    DT Fairley/Dareus
    DT Austin
    DE Morgan

I personally think that second line up is NASTY. Address LB in FA and place one of the 3 safeties we drafted in the last two years in hopes spot, hopefully Rob Johnson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar