Da'Quan Bowers at 8

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Not even close.

Which is why one is starting in the NFL for the Superbowl Champions and the other probably wont ever be a factor in the league.

Nice generic response though.

2. 24

24 Starter

He got injured 4 games in. Same argument could be made about him, yeah?

3. Deuce Wayne

Possibly, but he was one of the best in the country at his position in college.... the other Morgan wasn't.

And never will be. He's just a big slow guy that probably wont be able to stay healthy. Nothing there.

4. gran54

gran54 Starter

Not really a reason to hate on a player who hasn't really been given his chance yet. He's played, but not started and if Burnett is so much better why didn't he garner the ACC Defensive Player of the year over Morgan? Bottom line Morgan and Bowers would be a great tandem and only make each other better. They'd get to the quarterback often and in a division where you face Manning and Schaub twice a year each, that's what a team needs.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm a Georgia Tech follower. I thought Derrick Morgan was fantastic in college and I was thrilled to see him go to the Titans. He may never be a superstar, but he will be rock solid.

Morgan Burnett is one of the most frustrating college players that I ever followed. He would ALWAYS go for the big knockout hit or pick and, too oftern, that woul turn routine 15 yard gains into touchdowns.

6. 24

24 Starter

Completely agree. This is exactly what I saw as well. Burnett was the playmaker, which is probably why his stats were inflated. They never fully reflected his miscues on the field though.

7. Deuce Wayne

Morgan Burnett was the only player on that team that kept them in games. He single-handedly beat Georgia. That team was dead until he started doing everything.

And he was the ONLY guy on the team that'd tackle. Always in on every play- wherever the ball was, Burnett was there.

Derrick Morgan was usually being mediocre every down. As that's what he always has been.

If it weren't for hype- Morgan Burnett had a case to be the best safety in college.. better than Eric Berry. But, Berry was the ESPN chosen, so that's that.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We better hope that's not true he signed a long term contract worth $5M a year.

And Morgan is coming off major surgery to his knee.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I dont want to relive the draft debate everybody knows who the best defensive linemen in that draft that was available to us was and the Bengals got him in the 2nd rd. The next best linemen was also a 2nd rd pick.

The issue for Morgan is the knee injury and if it takes a half step off his speed rush.

Morgan had similar stats in 2009 to Quinn so he was a top player at tech that is not debatable but i did in the past bring up his inconsistency and how he got fat on weaker teams.

The issue for drafting Morgan is that he was the guy everybody expected us to draft and that always bothers me. He did play pretty well until the injury though.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I read a couple of reports that say Bowers is falling some due to concerns about his knee. He underwent surgery in January to repair a torn meniscus and scouts and coaches will be taking a strong look at his pro day tommorow.

Maybe Watt is the best choice at 8 then.

Many mocks have Watt going to the Pats at 17. I would be sick as a dog if that happened those a-holes getting a player like that.

The Browns are really interested in Bowers so if he works out well maybe they take him at 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar