Dare I Say C.J. Has Been Humbled....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I read an article just now on the Tennessean.com, titled 'Chris Johnson shows sick moves in victory', and it got my attention because that seemed out of place, a typo if you will....

Turns out CJ was pretty sick for most of the week, here are some quotes from it (Link at the end):

Johnson revealed he’d been sick all week, hadn’t had a full meal since last Sunday and had lost 10 pounds.

“But God helped me get through it,” he said. “He gave me strength, and the offensive line and my fullback, Ahmard (Hall), they helped me through it, too, and did a great job.

“I can’t lie, I felt weak out there. It was pretty hard to practice all week. It was the flu or something, I don’t know, but it was bad. I just had to push through it because we have to continue to win if we want to make the playoffs.”

The Titans didn’t put Johnson on the official injury report for the game because they said there was never a question about whether he’d play.

Firstly, the fact he did that while being pretty sick is very impressive, that's obvious. I mean after what a little sickness (*cough madden cough*) did for Hills, good on C.J. to step up to the task. The loosing 10 pounds thing for being sick for a week definitely caught my attention.

Secondly, and more importantly, he was quick to give respect to his line and lead blocker. He could have choose to 'Live in the Moment' as he has finally caught wind the past month or so...but he shows respect to the team first. He's seen how hard it is when there's seemingly no help and i hope he remembers it.

Regardless, I never believed C.J. to be a c0cky (how is that a bad word guys? Would not let me post till i changed it...) guy, he's always out there joking and having a good time. He also seems pretty chill in every facet of his life, even his TD celebrations. So, this is nothing major, but i feel like this post-big-contract-slump he went through is something he won't forget anytime soon.

Injuries:
    Does anyone have any updates on J-Mac and/or Nate?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Because it has the word "c0ck" in it.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

My last name has the word c*ck in it and it's a beeyatch on email accounts.

let bad jokes ensue...

4. titan_fan_4ever

as in chicken right...lol

no man serious though...im obviously not talking about male genitalia....

ok ok...in all seriousness...with a 'y' as in arrogant...that sould not be tagged as a 'bad' word...

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It censors based on the sequence of letters, not so much the word itself.

On topic: Man, I wish CJ had the Flu all year long.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't know if he's actually been humbled, but I think he is working on improving others' perceptions.

7. titan_fan_4ever

DW - i get how these things work, really, i actually maintain my company's website. more to the point, i was just commenting on its annoying nature.

i had to read my whole post to find what was wrong...weak

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

His PR people have had a sit-down with him...

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Don't mind if I do.....

I'm betting your last name isn't the only thing you have that has had the word c0ck in it.... :)

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

He didn't get "humbled"....hes been telling it how it was all season long. When the o-line sucked, CJ sucked, when the O-line performed, CJ performed. It's not rocket science.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar