Darius Butler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We've got solid depth. Finny, Verner, McCourty, Campbell.

2. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Please tell me your joking about Campbell being a solid depth. He had 1 int return for a td against Chicago in the pre-season and now we think he is going to be a solid player over a guy like Butler? You have the right to your opinion so I will leave it at that.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Darius Butler>Chris Hawkins

4. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

By all accounts from Pats fans, Butler has looked abysmal when he's been in.

He was actually very promising coming out of UConn. Had everything you looked for physically, and in workouts showed extremely smooth hips. Figured NE got a steal when they landed him in the 2nd.

Maybe he can pull an Alphonso Smith and reverse his fortunes on a new team? Carolina claimed him, so even if we did put in a waiver claim it didn't matter. Butler would've been a good chance for Marcus Robertson to show his chops as a DB Coach, with some help from Jerry Gray.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why are people talking about this guy like he is good? He got cut! And it had nothing to do with money either.

He has not played well there.

I would call Finny solid depth. And if he has to go outside to start because of injury we have Babs to play NB and he is at least similar in caliber to what Fuller used to be.

Not sure about that.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Technically, McCourty would be the #3 CB. So he'd be our depth. Campbell is #4. And he didn't JUST have an INT for a TD. He also had some nice breakups and showed some promise for the future.

He's a 6'3" 4.3 40 prospect with ball skills and athleticism that would've been drafted if it wasn't for his unique path to the NFL. So yes, I view him as solid depth. Along with McCourty.

I'm not saying Campbell>Butler. I'm saying we already have enough depth at that position. It'd be much more useful to get a SS or DE if we're seeking free agents.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

a 7th rounder who hasn't played competitive football against anyone better than Div III players in 3 years as our solid # 4 Depth? You must be Joking! Also, Verner is technically our #3, McCourty is the starter. I'd be scared itless if we have to see extended play from Campbell/Hawkins this early in their careers, they're very raw.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Butler is now a Panther, end thread.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Vince Young is now an Eagle, please end that thread too!!

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

That doesn't mean Campbell or Hawkins aren't on a par or better than Butler. The Patriots were so scared Butler might have to play they cut him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar