Darius Reynaud

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

He looked really good last night, but he is by no means safe at this point. In fact I would say far from it. He was going against 3rd string guys last night so if he is going to beat out anybody, he will 1st have to show something against the 1st/2nd string players.

His PR was awesome, but again, Mariani has shown the capability to return punts for TDs in real games against starters. So there is no way he takes Mariani's spot on PR. At least not yet.

I would love to see him make the team, so that we would always have another option at PR though in case Mariani goes down or something, and if he is good enough maybe he can eventually take it over. But 1 preseason performance isn't enough to call this guy "safe". If he wants a spot, then he will need to make a case for himself that is just as strong over the next 3 preseason games.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Williams has experience returning in college. But would still rather have someone outside of that.

3. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

to be honest I think you could throw him in there and he would out perform Ringer and Harper as the #2 back. but thats not how it works. Ringer already had the spot handed to him so even though Darius would do better they just wont let it happen.

4. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

even if he was going against 3rd stringers he's more explosive than anybody on this team besides maybe Kendall

5. RazorbackTitan

RazorbackTitan Starter

This is what stood out to me.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see the Titans keeping any more than three RBs so Reynaud's best shot is to stand out on special teams. But in watching him last night, I thought "this was CJ a few years back".

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Someone can probably answer this a lot better, but I don't think Reynaud is eligible for the practice squad. He's already played 3 seasons and 27. I think after 3 seasons you can't be put on the PS

8. TitanJeff

I believe you are correct.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Look, I am a WVU fan and a Titans fan so I know Darius Reynaud! Reynaud got room to run last night. To say that if CJ had that room he wouldn't have been as fast as Reynaud is laughable. Reynaud wasn't even the fastest player on WVU. Reynaud has good speed, but not great by any means. I saw CJ destroy guys angles last year when he got room to run. All 3 times. lol Reynaud is my dude for real, but if you think he's more explosive runner than CJ, then I've got some ocean front property in Oklahoma you might be interested in.

10. TitanJeff

I don't think anyone believe he's going to replace CJ but he did remind me of the 28 I hadn't seen much of lately.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar