Darius Walker would be very nice...........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Hey anyone hear if anyone has signed Darius Walker from Notre Dame?

If they do could you post it on this thread as of now it does not look like he has been signed by anyone. I see him as a Brian Westbrook type and could be devistating in the passing game out of the backfield it would be a very nice pick up he was the bulk of the ND offense heck he was the only offense in the Sugar Bowl for the Irish.

Post it if he gets signed on this thread if he gets picked up please guys thanks.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't think we will since we have Ware.

3. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Darius walker is a power back and lacks speed, ive seen him play in person a couple of times, youd be surprised of how teams such as UCLA and Navy, can shut him down easily. I like Ware, would of rather had Young but Ware and Jackson really stand out to me on that list.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Darius is quick. Not slow, he's very shifty and stiff-arms well. He's like a young Marshall Faulk in a way.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Young Marshall Faulk's don't go undrafted.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Darius Walker isnt that quick, he is more of a lower your shoulder run through people type of back, but so many times last season he was shut down and at the end of the game found himself running for like 26 carries for 51 yds or soemthing. he wont be effective in the nfl.

8. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Well he didnt get to be the #4 all time leading rusher in 3 years at Notre Dame by getting shut down all that often. No one has great games everytime out and hes by no means perfect but I think his style of play would match with our offense and I feel like he would be a good asset to have coming out of the backfield running and catching.

In 36 games at Notre Dame, Walker started 27 times. He ranks third in school history with 693 carries and fourth with 3,249 yards rushing (4.7 avg.), scoring 23 times on the ground. He holds the school career record for running backs with 109 receptions for 816 yards (7.5 avg.) and three touchdowns. He totaled 4,065 all-purpose yards, an average of 112.92 yards per game. That kind of versatile back would be killer with Vince Young. Just to keep in mind on avg the Irish play 5-6 top 25 ranked teams every year (every college team does player powder puffs)from several confrences so he was not exactly playing chop liver

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no, playing teams like army, navy and air force will do that. the reason ND gets blown out everytime they make it to a bowl game is because they play such a patsy schedule.

10. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

Notre Dame has the easiest schedule in college football and doesn't play ANYBODY! Like bigtitan said that's the reason they get blown out every time they play in a bowl game and the SEC showed'em what was up this yr.! They haven't won a bowl game since 1993..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar