Darrell Jackson released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

As bad of a passer you think VY is, Alex Smith is worse.:evil:

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

We dont need a guy to come in here and be our #2, that is what we have Justin Gage for. We need a guy who can come in here and be a #1 receiver from the day that he is signed/possibly drafted.

DJ Hackett would have been a better signing than Jackson, given we didnt pay too much. Hackett has this thing called an "upside" and has only had 6 drops in his career...one less than Jackson had all last season. Hackett also played the slot a lot more than Jackson, so he had to go across the middle more often and was able to make catches in traffic.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

who do you propose is this magical #1 receiver ?

and it's a little foolish to say you wouldn't bring in a guy who could help upgrade the depth (even if he's the #3) just because he isn't #1 caliber

4. wg53

wg53 Starter

The term #1 receiver is so overused and overrated by Titans fans.

You don't need some mega productive WR to win the superbowl or to make the playoffs.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

also, a #1 receiver here, wouldn't remind you of a #1 from somewhere else. for example .... no 1500yd / 15td titans EVER - not under Fisher / not from Vince

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

There was no #1 receiver in the FA pool this year, so my suggestion would be to bring in a top WR prospect in the draft to come in and start right away...draft the most pro-ready one available.

I dont think that it is foolish at all. We have depth all over the place at receiver, why add another guy who is on the downside of his career?

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

again I ask .... WHO ?

you really think a rookie WR can come in and immediately take over #1 ?
    :ha:

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

TO caught 35 passes as a rookie
    Chad Johnson caught 28 passes
    just tossing out a few numbers here

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

you make a good point, but a number one reciever is something every NFL team needs. Vince Young needs a safety blanket. Maybe he's found that with Crump? Who knows, only time will tell. I think Vince needs someone ULTRA reliable, that will make him look good.

I know the Titans made it to the superbowl without OUTSTANDING WR's but I think it would help Vince develop a whole lot faster

10. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I dont know WHO, but what good would adding a #3 receiver do? DId Eric Moulds have a huge impact? Nope. Maybe Paul Williams can be the guy, IDK, no need to bring in Jackson though just to take away younger guys' playing time, because then we cant see what they can do.

And yes, I do think that a rook can come in and be a number 1.

And since you think that posting 2 WRs' rookie numbers proves anything, check this out

Larry Fitzgerald--58 catches
    Anquan Boldin-101 catches
    Your boy D-Jax-53 catches
    Marques Colston-70 catches

Should I go on?

I dont really know why Im even wasting my time talking with you, you dont even really say anything to help out your arguement...

We should bring in a rookie that can come in and make an impact. This draft class is filled with them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar