Darren Sproles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Because there is no salary cap?

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

According to Fish through his presser at the Combine it sounds like Lendale will be back and will play a lot more.

So the year we have several really good RBs available, we won't be involved. Thomas Jones, LT, Westbrook, Larry Johnson, Chester Taylor. Nice to be in the situation we're in. I see some good things coming out of our backfield this year.

Smash and Dash Reunion Tour.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not for the money. Any starter/backup combo in the league can average those type yards.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I agree, LT and Sproles made a lot of money last year. Just compare what CJ and Lendale did in 08 while they were paid much less.

5. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

We dont need him

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Absolutely, I'm with you. But they're better than whats reflected on paper. No way I'd pay them two that $$ for that production. They're like the Colt's backs, good when really needed.

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Yeah because being cheap has worked out great for us so far..I mean look at all of our Super Bowl trophies. Oh wait..

8. vy102000

vy102000 Camp Fodder

If you haven't noticed, the owners are all about money which is why they never make huge changes. ie: Jeff Fischer has been the coach this whole century.

9. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Name all of the amazing return men that have led their teams to Super Bowls. Oh wait...they don't matter that much. Desmond Howard is the only one who comes to mind that played a big role recently. Yeah, a good returner helps and a bad one can hurt (esp. with fumbles). But it doesn't make or break a team.

Carr worked out great for us and we'll find someone else who will do good and doesn't want to get paid like a starting RB. Getting Sproles or drafting Spiller for the main purpose of running back kicks is ridiculous. If they were going to split carries with CJ, then it makes more sense, but we need to address the D before worrying about returners.

10. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

With a good return man we would have made playoffs in my opinion. We would have definitely beat the Jets. Playoffs matter a whole lot to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar