David Ammenheuser gives the losers excuses...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

David Ammenheuser's Thursday column is the biggest waste of bird poop i have seen in a long time. We were eating burgers at Bypass deli in Columbia and they have the Nashville and Columbia papers. The title of his piece is that it accomplishes nothing to fire Whiz right now.

In the piece he does the whole losers line. We played close games, we are getting better. The defense is improved, rookie QB. To say that firing this coach accomplishes nothing is to say he has done a decent job with this team. Bullcrap!

I 'll address all of his points.

1. No moral victories! This isn't college where Vandy just lost a close one to Florida. This is the nfl and a team that has drafted high for 3 straight drafts and had the cap space to sign 3 starters on defense!

2. Rookie QB excuse. I guess we can thank Whiz for that since he is why we sucked so bad and had the 2nd pick. While Mariota was starting he was more stable and playing better than the QBs Whiz had last season. His passing rating is 93. Our only victory was against a 2-4 team with a rookie QB.

3. The improved defense. What is there to look forward to here? Is our new DC going to be here for the next 5 years? Labeau replaces the bum that Whiz hired last year. How many teams have a top 10 defense and are 1-5? It is almost impossible to do!

4. Losing to losers! The Colts, Browns, Fins and Bills all have losing records. They are 11-17 combined! That's 11-17 against all teams including the titans! Take the titans out of their schedule they are a combined 7-17 against the rest of the league! Today we play a 2-5 team, is it acceptable to lose to them?

5. The Fin example. The fins were having a similar season to us when they fired their milk toast coach and replaced him with a guy who has balls. The new coach probably has no idea what he is doing but he is tough, the players respect him and the fins are 2-1 since. Somebody needs to light a f*cking fire under these players!

6. How could we do worse? Even if you want to make the argument that a mid season change won't help it certainly can't hurt. How could we do worse than 3-19? 0-4 vs teams that are a combined 7-17 against everybody else?

Finally firing Whiz allows us to audition a new guy. It sends a message to all the players and coaches that losing is not tolerated here.

David Ammenheuser is wrong!

• Winner Winner x 4
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

This team/ownership has benefited from some of the softest writers I've ever seen. I've never been to a city that coddles their team as much as the Nashville media does. I know many people don't like PK, but he has been one of the better things to happen to this franchise in a long time.

#2 Scarecrow, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 4
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

In case i wasn't clear enough Whiz should be fired if we lose this game today. Somebody on the staff who has not been a head coach before should be named interim coach, most likely that will be Ray Horton.

Horton will have 9 games to show his stuff. If the team plays better and we end up 6-10 he becomes the permanent guy.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Horton? The same guy who was fired as DC last year because his defense was horrible?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Might be better as a head coach. A politically correct move also since that is so important to them.

Sylvester Croom will be fine with me. At least the players will respect him. A tough no nonsense guy.

A rotten tomato would be an improvement.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Knoxville is infinitely worse.

Carrying water everywhere no matter who the coach is.

I was hoping the Tennessean would take a harder line after Wyatt was rewarded for his years of loyalty and ass kissing by getting a job with the team.

Now he can carry the Titans water directly.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Technically he is still the DC.

I actually agree with RT. IMO Horton would be the way to go if we needed an interim HC. I highly doubt Lebeau would be interested. That leaves Horton and Mularkey as the most likely candidates. And Mularkey is a proven failure as a HC. Might as well see if Horton could do anything with this team. He was a very hot HC candidate a few years back so it's not as if he isn't remotely qualified.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He was a disaster handling the defense last year and demoted though retained his title.

I'd rather Whiz kept the job than go with Horton. I don't see the appeal.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

i said it in the head coach thread.. i don't get why people want Horton, the defense when it was just his was a complete joke.. but people think he can handle a full team? no

he can interim, fine, season would be over anyways.. full time HC? hell no

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm just speaking on an interim basis. I wouldn't want to keep him as the permanent HC unless the team was just REALLY responding to him and playing at the level most of us think they can play.

To me the appeal for firing Whis midseason is simply the fact that we'd definitely be rid of him. He wouldn't have a chance to "pull a Fisher" and look really good in a few meaningless games at the end of the seasons and save his job.

All that said, I'm not getting my hopes up one bit. I fully expect Whis to finish out the season. And I fully expect him to be our HC next year as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar