david beckham???

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GMITTS, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

speaking of lost.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Of course Soccer is the most played sport in many countries and most of them are terrible.

Remind me where Australia finished and who we lost to again.

Oh bear in mind the sissy who fell causing us to lose.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I assume most of Brazils star u/20 players were busy playing for money in Europe somewhere.

And the logic is faulty and the USA are not very good at Soccer.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I know it's grown a lot, but I find that surprising. There are a lot of kids in leagues, but you don't see kids playing pick-up games as much as you do basketball. A lot of kids have basketball goals at their homes, but you don't see as many kids kicking a soccer ball around at home.

I know the soccer league I'm involved is loaded with younger kids, but the older age groups are a lot smaller. Seems kids get involved in a different sport other than soccer by their teens.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Parents push their kids into soccer because there is less chance of injury then in a collision sport.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Soccer is huge until middle school, and then even less in highschool. And at both levels there is a major dropoff. ut it's still the biggest youth sport in usa. By leaps and bounds. The best of those kids will keep coming now that their is a league. But before, their was no icentive to play the sport. Now there is some incentive if you love the game.

As far u20's beating Brazil, Here are the players we beat from the u20 squard, and almost all are on a club team. Though I have no idea if there are better players in brazil who qualify, the Brazilians take world cup events very seriosuly. I know that much. You gotta think they are sending their best.

1 GK Cássio 6 June 1987 Grêmio
    2 DF Eduardo Ratinho 17 September 1987 Corinthians
    3 DF Luizão 3 January 1987 Cruzeiro
    4 DF David Luiz 22 April 1987 Benfica
    5 MF Roberto 24 April 1988 Atlético Paranaense
    6 DF Marcelo 12 May 1988 2 Real Madrid
    7 MF Willian 9 August 1988 Corinthians
    8 MF Marcone 12 July 1987 Bahia
    9 FW Jô 20 March 1987 1 CSKA Moscow
    10 MF Renato Augusto 1 February 1988 Flamengo
    11 FW Alexandre Pato 2 September 1989 Internacional
    12 GK Muriel 14 February 1987 Internacional
    13 DF Amaral 5 September 1987 Palmeiras
    14 DF David 21 May 1987 Palmeiras
    15 DF Edson 6 July 1987 Figueirense
    16 DF Carlao 19 July 1987 Coritiba
    17 MF Ji-Paraná 11 June 1987 Internacional
    18 MF Carlos Eduardo 18 July 1987 Grêmio
    19 FW Luiz Adriano 12 April 1987 Shakhtar Donetsk
    20 MF Leandro Lima 19 December 1987 São Caetano
    21 GK Felipe 10 January 1988 Santos

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd imagine they'd have a lot more talent in big clubs.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Gunny, don't bring up the Cup when you had a freaking cake division. Speaking of playing tougher teams, US actually had good teams in their bracket this year. Sorry, Japan and Croatia don't help you any.
    However, the US will be ranked against the (almost last place) Australia every year. Not because of the bad teams they play, because they're simply expected to do better. The US is young and expected to be rising. Australia's never had an excuse, they just suck.
    Anyway - I hate patriotism, homerism, etc, but USA does produce the best athletes in the world. Once those athletes (as they will) begin caring about soccer, the tables turn. Adu is one of the many that will show up. The generations that really care about soccer are just now growing up to be around 14 years old and such. Give it a few years. As of now the 18+ crowd for the most part doesn't care at all for soccer, and the US team is still competitive and expected to do things.
    What's that say for the rest?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Brazil ranked #1, Croatia #7, Japan #36

Italy #3, Czech Republic #11, Ghana #37

Yeah real cupcake :rolleyes:

Oh, while we are at it, for a team that is meant to be ranked in the top 15 you are supposed to actually win a game in the World Cup.

Looks like Croatia and Japan and Brazil are ranked higher then Czech Rep, Ghana and Italy respectively.

The USA has been a joke of a soccer team for a long time. Play crap teams in a crap zone, the only reason they are ranked high.
    Since 1990 you have succeed in making the 2nd round once, and on a few occasions didn't even win a game.

Not playing in the MLS they won't.

Quite wrong, but be a homer if you will.

yeah yeah heard it all before.

USA will never compete on the Sth American or European level of Soccer.

Adu is not American. But aside from one import, who else will show up?

US team is a joke, must be a feel good feeling beating up on soccer superpowers like Jamaica, Haiti and Canada and thinking it makes you a good soccer team.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Adu is an American citizen. He was eight when he came here. Everything he learned he learned here.

Sundserland AFC and Manchester United said they are monitoring closely his progress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar