david boclair on der schwartzie

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

from the article:
    "Then again, it’s also possible that the game has changed enough in recent years that Schwartz is going to have to alter his approach ... or really open himself up to criticism."

The most important word there being "criticism" ... is he open to it?

I wonder how much or what kind of input Fisher gives on the Defense and scheme....
    On the whole, I thought the defense played pretty well... I have to give at least a little credit to Pennington, he made some excellent throws.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think the front seven played well.

but our achillies heel since schwartz has been DC has been pass coverage. even when we had rolle, dyson, tank and shulters we were middle of the pack at best. and even back then when we had two corners who excelled at man to man coverage we played the majority of the game in zone.

that's what i mean when i say statistical jim doesnt put his players in position to succeed. he doesnt use their strengths.

4. well maybe since its not just us that see this, fisher will change things and get a new dc

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I just love Boclair. He and Jim Wyatt are the best. Boooo Kuharsky.

6. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Tennessee’s defense has finished among the top 10 in third-down defense every year except one that he has been running the show, and has been among the top five in stopping the run three different times.

UHHHH maybe because teams never make it to 3rd down?

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

That might be the understatement of the year.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they might interview GoT :ha:

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Zone coverage and no blitzing well qb's like manning and pennington love that. When we did blitz we forced a fumble. We will make rivers look all world with cover corners that play zone and 4 man a rush. Sorry I have had enough let Mcginnis have the defense now!!!!!!

10. when we play the colts, the only way to win is to get to manning, we have to try to repeat what the steelers did to him, thats the only shot we have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar