david boclair on der schwartzie

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

Aren't Fisher and Schwartz old frat buddies or something like that? Friendships, even old ones, only go so far.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I want a copy of the transcript or a tape of that show!! :grrhee:

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

something that i found interesting while reading his bio on titansonline.com

"Last year Tennessee fielded one of the youngest defenses in the league with starters averaging only 3.5 years of experience, including starting two rookie corners for only the second time in the franchise’s 46-year history. The defense still had plenty to boast about, ranking eighth in the NFL in third down defense (35.5%), ninth in sacks (41) and second in three and outs (31.3%)."

we basically do everything he thinks we should do to be successful except giving up points. how the hell does that happen?

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

If what I remember is right, he also said "You can't beat Manning by blitzing him".

:hang:

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep said that in the post game interview of the Nashville dolt-Titan game last year. SD and the squeelers refused to listen to him.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Last year our first game against them the announcers were screaming that Fisher needed to be patient and not blitz ..... but can he do it?

31-10 seems about what not blitzing does to manning.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

hung 31 on Schwartzies D and they let up midway thru the 3rd.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I counted 6 blitzes Sunday, might have been more, but I just can't stand to watch the "death by a 1000 cuts" style we play now. No way can anyone convince me that we are playing the same D we did with Greg Williams, no way. I'll admit that D gave up the odd big play but they played on the O side of the ball, not the back pedaling style schwartzie seems to favor. Good things happen when you hit the QB period. Pressure doesn't have to come just from the front 4 as Finnigan's sack showed in the 4-6 it could come from anywhere we just need to run it more instead of just showing it. BTY, someone should start a FireSchwartzie.com web site and sell bumper stickers and the like, I would love to buy the T-shirt, make that my game day wardrobe selection.:))

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

As someone else said, in the rare occasions we get them in a third down, we're not that bad unfortunately many teams only need 2 plays to get a new first down on us. Not to mention how often we give up long pass plays.

well, when they score TDs or FGs on the remaining 78.7% of the drives it doesn't look that good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar