David Garrard?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BeatADeadColt, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

I kind of feel bad for the guy. Dude gets no love.

Teams that are grasping at straws aren't even considering him. Oakland lost Campbell and made the biggest impulse trade I've ever seen. I like Palmer too, but damn 2 high picks??? Possibly two first rounders? WOW.... Could've gotten Garrard for a minimum contract. If he did suck they'd get Campbell back, lol. Oakland's acting like Campbell has a career ending kind of injury.

Miami never called. Indy never called. Both teams desperate for a QB. Washington...

I met the dude once when he was in College after a game, he's a really good man and not a terrible QB at all. He did the best he could at Jacksonville, put up good numbers and consistantly lead a terrible team to an 8-8 record. Put him on a good team and I bet he's playoffs. He reminds me a little bit of a watered down Steve (rip). A very, very watered down Steve (rip). Stands tall in the pocket, very cool under pressure, big arm, can run but doesn't rely on it, teammates love him, and he doesn't go down with a push like most QBs.

Anybody think if he's not signed at the end of this season and Hass retires we might take him as a career backup/insurance policy in case Locker really doesn't work out?

I mean I got high hopes in Locker, but we've seen rookies come in at high picks before and suckkkkkkk hardcore. And the next man on our list is Rusty Smith.

And for that matter, what's happening to Jason Campbell when he gets healthy? I know he doesn't wanna hold Carson's clipboard.

If Hass does retire, I'd like to see somebody on the Titans roster besides just Locker. I've seen too many rookies not live up to the expectations to put our chips all in on him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He should make someone a great number 2 in the way Kitna has for a number of teams.

He doesn't seem to be able to lead a team full time though.

Similar to Tony Homo. Teases you that he can be great but not consistent enough to bulid a team around.

3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Please do not compare Garrard to McNair. It is not even close.
    And, why would the Titans want him as a backup? Hasselbeck is not going to retire after this season. He has plenty left in the tank. Look at him play. He finally plays behind an O-line that can pass block (but not run block!). I say he is staying at least for the remainder of his contract.

4. BeatADeadColt

That's what I'm saying dude, what ever happened to career backups? We see so many QBs get hurt these days and they either wind up like the Colts... Just sucking. Or they like have to go all in for somebody. It's a good call.

5. BeatADeadColt

It's not that that serious. And they are similar. Didn't know that was a such a touchy topic. Dude you wanna hear a joke? What do Tupac and Steve McNair have in common? They're both black and dead. Haha, right? You get it? You get it? Nah, you don't get it.

IDK, he's been hurt so many times. There was talk of him retiring after this year as a Seahawk. I guess he didn't want to. Yeah he looks like he's rolling good right now, but we're five games into the season. Wait until he gets hurt. Wait until he gets hurt and Locker comes in and at least semi-impresses. I know Munch is itching to get Locker in there, and Matt's not gonna wanna be one of those QBs that lingers around in the NFL after his day's done. He'd make a good media guy.

6. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Are you Jesse's twin brother or are you just that stoned?:monkey:

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Garrard is done.

8. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

:)

9. Carp

Carp Starter

Garrard is having back surgery.

10. Carp

Carp Starter

I doubt Garrard ever sees significant playing time again after his surgery. And Jason Campbell is just turrible. Don't want him near this team in any shape or form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar