David Garrard?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BeatADeadColt, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Thank you

2. iQon

iQon Starter

Troll?

Every team mentioned did reach out to Garrard. The way the reports were, Garrard was being a diva. Oakland calls, he's getting back surgery.

And I'd pick up the phone for Carson Palmer over David Garrard any day of the week. Not really an impulse trade when you're in contention for your division... and suddenly your starting QB is done for the season, and you have Kyle Boller and a rookie QB that's practiced what, 1 week with the team? Hmmm... Decisions, decisions!

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I hate to beat a dead colt but there's a lot of posters here that either refuses facts or just ignores them.

Let's all post without research!!!

4. iQon

iQon Starter

0/1.

Let's all post without reading!!!

5. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Lol. My bad. I didn't hear about the back surgery.

Whoops.

Feel free to delete.

But while admitting I was wrong on the topic, let me say....... Some of you guys need to get lives. In a serious way. I post here because I live in Philly and nobody knows anything about the Titans except that CJ's Fing up their fantasy team, and they wanna know if Nashville has a return policy on VY.

Some people here seem like they just like to start fights on the internet. Am I right? Some dude's seem like they're on here ALL DAY LONG just wating for somebody to say something innacurate so they can feel cool when they're like oh $ht that's not right, I'm gonna get all up on this and show him who's the interweb b0$$. Jkloljklol. I'm not bashing people who like to start fights, but fighting on the internet is gay. Start fights in real life. It's a healthier way to let out your agression.

Use the internet for college research and to talk about football. Not bash people for being as up on the current NFL news as you are, that's not gonna get you anywhere in life.

Before you lock the thread let me say this...... I met David Garrard. He's a very cool dude. Very very cool. And a decent QB. For the sake of good people across the world, I hope he gets a chance to play somewhere. I'd be happy to see him backup Vick or Locker.

Hope his back surgery went well. Best of luck to him in his career. As I said, he's a nice guy. That's really all this thread was supposed to be about, somebody giving him a chance. Jesus. Lol, even a nicey nice thread gets turned into some BS.

Feel free to lock the thread, sorry for wasting your precisous time on the interweb.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

1. Oakland offered him a contract, he declined and said he was undergoing back surgery.

2. Indy doesn't have the money for him, they literally have $0 cap space... and he's not going to play for free.

3. Miami tried to offer him a contract, chump never responded, so they moved on.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why was this thread made? It's been known for a week or so that Garrard is having surgery. And also, the dude is not worth having unless you have NO options.

8. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

He just plain sucks, couldn't lead a monkey to bananas

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO a healthy Garrard would be comparable to Campbell so it made sense for the Raidrs to try and get him until Campbell came back and it wouldn't have cost them anything. Of course that is water under the bridge since he is having back surgery.

As for Palmer I'm not ready to say Oakland made a good choice on that one. They gave up a 1st and 2nd round pick for a guy who isn't much better than Kerry Collins. The guy is the poster child for the very average. I'm not sure Kyle Orton wouldn't have been about the same if not better and maybe Denver lets them have Orton for much less since Tebow is now their starter. Palmer wasn't a bad pickup but they simply paid way to much for him.

Meanwhile Cincy fans are dancing in the streets with delight. They may have found a QB in Dalton and they get a couple of real good picks for a guy who wasn't contributing anything anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar