David Givens...>what The Crap!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I am getting VERY VERY irritated with this guy. We pay him NUMBER 1 MONEY, and he has not helped us AT ALL! We are going to need this guy if we are going to have a chance in the next 5 games. Bennett is ALWAYS iffy, and Jones is still young. I want to see the Young to Givens hook up for years to come, but the money he is getting we should see it now.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i would rather him not be on the field if he he has a to wear a brace on his thumb that would hamper his ability to catch the ball.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Did he even play today? He just had a plate removed from his hand didn't he? I could see how that would keep him from catching many passes.

Edit: Lol, I got cut in front of.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

With a rookie QB throwing for barely 100 yards a game he isn't going to do much.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I am not saying that if he is injured he should be on the field, but it sure seems to me that he is injured a lot. As far as not making a difference, it is about the future too. He has to get that connection with Young. I expect that connection to be a good one.

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

when we get Calvin Johnson (after trading up), he will be great-

Johnson
    Givens
    Jones

-wow!

7. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I disagree, if there's a chance that Givens could make plays (i.e., if the ball's around him he's going to get it), I think it could do a world of good for Vince--a rookie qb who is missing that receiver who is just waitin' to get his hands on the ball. It's kinda like you can see Vince just starvin to complete some long passes but you don't sense that hunger from the receivers thus far.

Not saying they're laying down, just that they don't seem to realize that a few big completions would really start to open the passing attack right back up--that Chow is just waiting on it. Vince is going to play well, but I wish the wr's knew that Vince is waiting on that one 40 yard bomb and then it's game on.

Think about Leinart with Anquan and Fitzgerald out there, all he's got to do is get it somewhere in the general area and those guys are going to suck it in like magnets b/c they're hungry for whatever he can give them. That type of relationship-------->confidence--------->accelerating Vince's progression.

I don't think Givens is that caliber guy, but he could certainly be a fraction of one of them and could be someone who was hungry to make plays and prove his worth (Calvin Johnson IS that type of guy though).

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I've been saying all along that Givens wasn't / isn't and won't be a #1 WR

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

well then it must be true :rolleyes:

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I dont care if he is a number one or two...I just want to see him on the field!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar