David Nelson to become free agent

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Gauge was better than Hawki..... yeah thats a bold face lie, never mind.

I used to have some hopes for Hawkins but the guy is a turd and no matter how much someone tries to polish it, hes still gonna be a turd. Hopefully we will cut him, he offers nothing to this team other than taking a roster spot that would be better served by someone with some special teams skills.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Because he's a white receiver, duh?

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Hawkins certainly is not in Paul Williams territory (Why they kept him as long as they did is beyond me) but he is certainly not worth what we are paying him.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I got a dog that belonged to Casey Anthony's little girl. Selling it straight up for 500$, don't ask questions.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have to disagree. The FO is responsible for that ridiculous deal they gave Hawkins. I think he's played great for us when he's actually gotten snaps. The problem is he never gets snaps. I'm not mad at him for getting paid and not even playing. That's on the FO. That said, we do need to cut him.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

People complain about the Hawkins signing but it really isn't that bad of a contract considering where we were WR-wise with Kenny Britt and no Kendall Wright

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Even if you take out last year, when he was injured. His first two seasons, he had 5 catches for 24 yards yards.

24 yards in 2 years. Has there EVER been a WR even close to that who has gone on to be productive?

Even Hawkins did much better than that. This year he was invisible and so bad that he was deactivated for many games... yet ended the year with 5 catches and 62 yards.

As it stands, Mariani is averaging 8 yards per year as a WR. If that excites anyone.......:makefun:

His value is on special teams and thats it

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We're basically paying Hawkins $200k per catch... worse than the amount CJ gets per carry.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You should have asked him for some money when you saw him at the airport last year.

10. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Detective Sonny Crockett

Why are we even talking about wide receiver FA's? We need a defense and an o-line, Not WRs that couldn't hack it on teams are worse than us. Let Hawkins, Preston, and Mariani battle it out for that last spot. Focus on either through the draft or Free Agency an interior o-line, inside linebacker, a DT(if Marks leaves), and some more help at safety. No more Afalava and Babineaux.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar