David Stern: Contraction possible

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Daves not here, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Normally I hate contraction talk, mainly because when it's talked about in the NHL people always say Columbus is the first to go (which is actually stupid since the attendance isn't bad considering how bad the team is). But in the NBA it NEEDS to happen. The talent is spread way to thin and unless you hit it big in this free agency or in the lottery you're going to be stuck in NBA limbo and there's not much you can do (Minnesota, Golden State, New Jersey, Charlotte etc...). Right now I can promise you either LA, Miami, Boston, Chicago and Orlando is going to win the NBA title, no other team has a shot. In the NFL or MLB I can't predict a winner like that but I can in the NBA. You subtract a few teams and add some talent to lower level teams it helps even out the competitive balance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

Thats funny hear in Nashville we always hear it is going to be us, even though our attendance is better than just about every other sunbelt team. I wonder if every city south of the great lakes is this insecure about there NHL team?

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You pretty much nailed it.

Warriors, Kings, Bobcats, Grizzlies, T-wolves, and Raptors could all be gone and no one would care.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I tried hard to be a Grizzlies fan, but they failed me.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

ftfy

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No no no. The Warriors get pretty good attendance especially for a bad team. Besides, you can't have 0 teams in Northern California. I agree about the Grizzlies and Raptors but I'd get rid of the Clippers and Hornets instead.

Yea I don't think the NHL even needs retraction. I mean lots of teams win the Stanley Cup, it's not like it's Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Philadelphia every year. There's plenty of talent in the NHL. They just need to market themselves, forget retraction. I mean Columbus is #22 in attendance with a bad team, that's pretty good. I think just because we have no other pro teams it's easy to say "Well lets get rid of them, they're a small market."

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The Thunder won 55 games last year and took the eventual world champs to game 7....

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

And when KD pulls a LeBron and goes to a team where he can actually win a championship, they will be a 15 win team with no fans in the seats.

10. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

Durant just signed a 5 yr extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar