David Thorton

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Problem with the pro bowl voting is that big plays are rewarded more than consistent solid play. Ints, sacks and especially TDs. Shaun merriman is almost a lock even in a bad year and vrabel has 7.5 sacks in half a season. Yesterday vrabel had 3 sacks and forced a fumble each time. He also has 2 pass receiving Tds. If i was to guess at this stage halfway through the season i would say that it will be merriman, vrabel and bulluck.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Derrick johnson. Soxcat is right DJ is playing on the strong side this year for KC with napolean harris inside and is a guy who makes big noticeable plays. This could be his year for the pro bowl also.

Note that vrabel had 3 sacks yesterday so 7.5 for the year and has 5 forced fumbles! That's for half a season.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I certainly agree with the piling on that beens going on in the last 3-4 posts. Both our outside LBs are a longshot to make the probowl. I really don't care anymore, the pro bowl has lost almost any meaning.

But could you at least add some kind of comment that you think he's been playing well? That's what the thread was originally about. He really did have a good game yesterday. It's not the kind that makes the pro bowl, but he sure made a difference.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Is that the quote you missed? Thornton has always been a solid player who gets about 100 or so tackles every year. He had 109 last year and averaged 107 a year at indy as a starter. In 03 he was in on 145 tackles 117 solos! Yes he is a damn good player. That's not news..

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I said Thornton has been solid. I love the way he plays the run for a guy who isn't real big and physical and he can cover in the open field and is an excellant tackler. He fits our scheme very well. The guy is a very good player and we are lucky to land him. Reese did a nice job brining him and Hope to the defense. Both players are a significant reason we are so successfull this year.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

Thornton has been awesome. I just wish he had better hands. He should be leading the team in INTs if he could hang on to some of those passes

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Titan fan..

I have been thinking and you are right. Thornton needs some more support and recognition. Here's a guy who had 145 tackles one year and nobody even noticed and for a 4-3 backer who is asked to be strong in coverage this guy is one of the best.

I was watching thomas davis for the panthers. Now here is a guy as everyone remembers was a 215 lb safety from georgia who had speed and hit like a truck. Davis was so good that even as a tweener the panthers took him in round one. It's been tough going with injuries and all but finally davis is becoming that kind of linebacker. Every defense especially every 4-3 defense would love to have a guy like thornton and while over shadowed by the guy on the other side in his career june and bulluck this guy is comparable and equal to either of them.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He had another strong game yesterday, including the early sack.

9. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

The biggest reason ANY of our defensve players are doing well is because of AH. With out his constant hussle and dominating play our D wouldn't be nealy this good...He is kinda like what VY did for our offense last year but for the defense. He makes thornton and everyone else better.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Thorton is the new Bullock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar