Davis v Ross - Draft Wars Rd. 1

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 15, 2017.

?
  1. Davis

78.0%
  2. Ross

22.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Definitely has to be Davis for me, and it's not really even close.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

No, I'd still prefer Davis. lol

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Hey that's fine...I am a Davis fan as well...but on paper (take away injuries) it's not like Ross is far off...People are scared of his injuries which makes sense...I get it. That said, you can't deny his lack of jack squat since season play, mid level competition, and an injury himself. It isn't like he didn't have his questions marks too. Now, my personal opinion, is that Corey Davis is more complete, and I like his size....Ross is definitely dangerous as all hell if he can stay healthy. He provides return skills, you can line him up inside or out, and he and Mariota could have some fun.

4. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Davis has much more upside. Ross struggles in traffic, and it's going to limit his receptions as a result. He's a typical one-dimensional deep ball receiver, that you probably don't want as your only good receiver on the field.

The injuries could keep him from being even that.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

If the team wanted someone like Ross they should have used that pick trade for Cooks

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

You're still doing this Hammer? Hahaha 9 days bro

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It's just annoying that according to many on this site, Corey Davis is Jesus reincarnated. Can't mention one thing that's a weakness or own up to it lol. I'm a Davis fan and I can...It's okay to be subjective and see sides guys..Take your blinders off lol

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

For right now, my favorite option is trading with CLE. If not, just go best defensive player at 5 and take the best WR at 18 or even trade that pick if all 3 are gone by then. None of the top WRs are worth the 5th pick. Williams isn't even that great of a fit in this offense.

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Davis has more speed than people here give him credit for. Not Ross speed, but you see him pulling away from many guys in those clips. He's better at catching contested balls, and his size gives him more versatility.

I think he's a Jordy Nelson- not a top shelf talent, but fairly close, with great route-running fundamentals and competitiveness. 1,000-1,200 yard guy with good QB play, and 1,500 with God-like Aaron Rodgers caliber QB play.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

That's possible.

It's also possible that he looks fast in those clips because he is running from future used car salesmen.

With his size, if he was fast, he wouldn't have been a two star recruit.

I agree with your comp though. I think he can be good to very good. Just not great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar