DB Cortland Finnegan?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by oilerstruck, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Why did we pass on DT Rob Wright? I can't believe he slipped into the 7th round. I thought we would go after this "steal" with pick 215. Finnegan main thing is kick returns. Do we really need that?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Where would another DT go? You can only keep four. Haynesworth, Long and Starks are going nowhere. Clauss with fight it out with Mahelona for that fourth rotation spot.

I thought a bigger CB would have been more appropriate. But remember, we'll have the opportunity to be high on the waiver wire and should hopefully free up some money from the McNair new contract/release.

3. maximus

maximus Starter

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Titans pick Rod Wright with one of the picks in the 7th. But we need CBs and OL...

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Nix that on Rod Wright, he just got drafted by the Dolphins

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We blew the OL stuff today IMO. They must have faith in who we have. Hope they're right.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You can say that again... I'm already fearing a looong season...

7. Ice

Ice Guest

and spending a 7th rounder on an olineman would make it a less long season? get serious. the only guy we lost and didnt replace was hopkins and we drafted guys last year...reese will prolly look for a vet to fill the ninth lineman spot...id rather gvie loper/bell/stewart an opportunity to win the job...why else would we have drafted three tackles last year?

8. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

No offense to Brad Hopkins, but it seemed that the only O-line penalties that I saw last year was on Hopkins and Roos for the most part. Roos was a rookie, but Hopkins was the leader of the O-line. I don't know what Hopkins' deal was last season, but I think that taking out the penalty magnet will help out alot on offense. I think the O-line veteran leader is clearly Mawae now and he should help out alot in that department with his pro bowl experience. Again, no offense to Hopkins. He was a great player except for the penalties @ crucial times last season.

9. one good thing about this pick is that he is very very fast, he ran his forty in the 4.3s which can only or should only be faster in game time

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No, I'm referring to the fact we didn't get an lineman in the 2nd or 4th, when there was still a considerable number of quality prospects available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar