D'brickashaw Ferguson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Soxcat, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Although it is still early in the draft evaluation process one thing is starting to be very evident. There are two players in this years draft that are above and beyond everyone else at their postions and have a chance to be all-pro HOF quality. Those two players are Reggie Bush and Ferguson.

Even with the OT class that is supposed to be one of the deeper classes in many years Ferguson sticks out head over heals above any other OTs at the senior bowl. If you read the articles on the senior bowl practices you will notice that virtually every player has some negative comments to go with accolades. Ferguson absolutely has been perfect so far and I haven't read a single negative comment where he made a single bad play. This guy is going to be a quality franchise OT without question and able to play from day 1. If the draft were based on pure talent and ability only Ferguson should be one of the two top players chosen.

With that in mind I'm beginning to lean toward the Titans drafting Ferguson because he is simply without a doubt going to be the best player available at #3. Sure it is a tough decision because the QBs will be there and passing on a guy like Young would be tough. However, Ferguson is a guaranteed winner (even more so than Bush IMO). Why take any chances when you can get a guy who will be going to the pro-bowl as your LT? With Roos in the mix we could have as good of OT tandem in the NFL. Ferguson is the one guy who can help this team out the most both now and in the future and I'm beginning to think you don't pass on a guy like that.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if Houston was 'smart' they'd take Ferguson
    he's a brick wall
    he was seen manhandling Kiwanuka with ease

3. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

I could see us taking Ferguson at #3. It could help us to open up the run game. We have quarterbacks right now, however if this is the last year of McNair, Young would be a good successor. We can't forget that we have Volek and Mauck, because they could have the potential to be good with playing time. Really, I think that no matter who we take at #3 it would have to be the right choice.

4. Joe Z.

Joe Z. Guest

I really, really want Brick. He's a game changing player in the trenches, and that's where you win and lose games.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if we look at Brick, then we most likely trade down

we can trade to the Jets, who'd take WHOEVER @ #3
    and maybe the Jets toss us a bone

6. Banger21

Banger21 Camp Fodder

Yea Puck, that would be the best option in my mind. We get the brick, and we also can get a(n) additional pick(s). Im a believer that everything starts with the lines and then falls from there. We have a young and talented D line. Our oline is where the holes are now or are going to be after free agency. Getting a franchise piece like Ferguson is a great start to getting back to the playoffs.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

About time people started jumping on the bandwagon with me.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'm not necessarilyon your bandwagon
    but I do like Ferguson as a 'franchise' pick

but remember that Munchak can make chicken salad out of chicken $*!

(i wonder why he can't get them from false starting though)

9. TANK CALICO

TANK CALICO Guest

I have to agree that "the brick" is the best player available at the senior bowl. But what might you be saying if Bush, Leinart, and Young were there also.

10. My only question about D'Brick is how good he'll be in the run game. He needs to bulk up a lot, and I'm sure he will by the time his 2nd year starts. But I don't know if he's a good run blocker, or "just" a dominating pass blocker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar