D'brickashaw Ferguson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Soxcat, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there would certainly be more comparisons between DeAngelo and Reggie / Matt and Jay
    and btw, only Matt is eligible to be there

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

<<< not on the bandwagon....and probably won't get on

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The only knock on D'Brick so far is that he needs to work more on his technique. He has the physical tools alright; watched some of the coverage on ESPN where he dominated Kiwi. He looks good. And he's up to 297 punds now, which is not that bad.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

To pick the Brick, (I kinda like the ring to that) gotta trade down.
    The way I see it you can't trade with anyone but the Jets. #5 & #6 are not QB hungry and to go too much further you are getting out of Cutler range (so I've heard)...unless you want to play the praying game.

Trade with the Jets and count on them taking a QB...
    Might as well get something for your position if you can.
    Do I hear a 5th?

# Team W-L Opponents
    W-L %

1 Houston 2-14 .535
    2 New Orleans 3-13 .523
    3 Tennessee 4-12 .512
    4 New York Jets 4-12 .527
    5 Green Bay 4-12 .531
    6 San Francisco 4-12 .539
    7 Oakland 4-12 .539

I feel we really lucked into this slot. Can't squander it in the name of conservatism. Brick is a solid choice...Maybe some teams would give alot to draft in this spot. I don't really see any takers there in that top 7...

I don't want to see the team fall far in the draft order, either.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The most we could trade down and still get Brick is #4. No way a guy of his ability gets past GB or San Fran and it is not out of the question he even makes it out of the top 3.

6. IndyTitan

IndyTitan So Peter...

Has Floyd Reese infiltrated this message board with one of his classic smokescreens?

I always thought the Titans OL philosophy was to draft a "value" offensive lineman (not in the first round) and let tha e HOF offensive line coach develop those players?

7. Left tackle is a different story...

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The last time the Titans drafted a LT technically was last year when they went for Roos in the 2nd round. Before that they drafted Hopkins, 13 years ago in the early first. Also, because of our draft postions (when we were winning) and because of the CAP we didn't have the luxury of loading up on OL and couldn't have drafted a guy with Brick's ability. Not too many guys with Brick's credentials late in the first or second rounds. Also, there is a big difference when looking for a OG, C or even RT than looking for a LT. If Brick was available last year at #6 he would be a Titan.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Along the offensive line the biggest revelation for me today was how bad D'Brickashaw Ferguson looked as a run blocker. I know in the past I have compared him to Jon Ogden and Orlando Pace but during the practice I found myself thinking that he was no where near them as a run blocker and may not have the attitude or demeanor to ever reach that lofty level. He is still a top prospect and an amazing pass blocker, but my enthusiasm about him was definitely tempered a bit today. - Scott Wright NFL Draft Countdown

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Well, run blocking is a concern. If the Titans keep the Chow offense which is designed to get the ball out quickly, then that means your LTs don't have the pass blocking responsibility they did before. Does that impact the value Reese might put on Ferguson?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar